Love and Family

'Ello loves. I've decided to write my first full length brallie story! So grab some popcorn, sit back, and have anxiety over brallie!

Disclaimer: I do not own The Fosters or any of the characters from the show.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Summary: Set during Padre, slightly AU. Callie has some thoughts about her secret relationship with Brandon and debates on whether or not to end it, but will she after having a deep conversation about love and family?

xoxoxoxooxoxo

Callie's Pov:

I sighed, looking out the car window as trees and houses flew by in a blur. I stuck my hand out, letting the cool morning air chill my fingertips as I mentally prepared myself for the day. Stef's father's funeral; I hadn't been to one since my mom died, and to say I was nervous was an understatement. I was more nervous about Jude though, and how he'd react. He hadn't done to well at our mother's funeral, and just being in that mindset again was going to be stressful.

"We're here." Michelle said. I looked across the street, seeing the family standing outside of the church. I took a deep breath before unbuckling and climbing out of the car.

"I'll come by your house to pick you up in the morning, say around ten?" I nodded in agreement before walking across the street.

"Hey honey, we're glad you could make it." Lena said softly before pulling me into a hug. I gave a quick sad smile and glanced around. I noticed Brandon watching me from behind Lena and I immediately felt relieved. I gave him a quick smile, trying not to be so obvious.

"Yeah, of course. I'm sorry Stef." I put a hand on her shoulder.

"Thank you sweets. Now since everyone's here I guess we can go in." Everyone made their way into the church, but not before wrapping an arm around Jude.

"You ok buddy?" He nodded wordlessly and I knew I couldn't cry, I had to be strong for the both of us.

xoxoxooxoxoxox

After the service we made our way back to the house. I stepped inside and as everyone went on to do their normal thing, helping set up food and all that, I felt relatively out of place. Just seeing them function normally, it was like looking from the outside in. Like I was just a stranger observing a family who wasn't mine.

"Hey Callie, would you mind helping set up?" Stef asked quietly. I snapped out of my thoughts and looked up to her slightly worried face, silently asking if I was alright.

"Yeah, no problem." I gave her a quick smile before she nodded and walked off. I walked to the stairs, but stopped in my tracks, noticing a new picture frame. It was all of us at Stef and Lena's wedding.

"It's a great picture, isn't it?" I looked up, suddenly noticing Brandon on the stairs right next to me. I smiled softly.

"Yeah, it was....beautiful."

"I for one, will never forget that day."

"Well duh....I mean, it's the day your Moms got married." He nodded slowly.

"Yeah....it's also the first time we kissed." I could feel my face starting to warm up as a smile spread across it. I grabbed his hand, running my thumb across the top of it as I looked into his eyes. This past month since I've been in GU, he's the only one who's made it bearable. But having our relationship under wraps had really been putting stress on me, and I just didn't know if I could do it anymore.

"I should go help set up." I said quickly as I let his hand go and kept myself busy.

Brandon's Pov:

I watched as a small smile spread across her face. My heart fluttered, she was so beautiful. Having her hand wrapped in mine, it just felt so right. An idea popped into my head and just as I was about to speak,

"I should go help set up." She quickly decided. My eyebrows furrowed, she was acting a bit weird, but, it was a funeral after all. It was ok, I could always tell her later.

Callie's Pov:

As I sat laughed with Mariana, who now had deviled egg filling on her cheek, I realized how much I missed her, missed the whole family really. Maybe what Brandon and I share....isn't enough. Maybe I need this family more.

"Hey, can I talk to you?" Brandon appeared.

"Uh, yeah." I stood up and he put his hand on the small of my back, leading me to his room.

"So, what's up?"

"I think we should tell Moms about us."

xoxoxoxoxox

Left it a little bit of a cliffhanger for ya! Don't worry, a new update is to come soon. Let me know what you think in a review, thanks for reading!