Chapter 5

CLAYTON'S P.O.V.

"Well.  You sure are observant arnt you son?" He said in a surprised and exasperated voice.

"That doesn't answer my question." I told him monotonely.

He sighed and ran a hand through his hair.

"Yes. I was. But I gave all that up for my wife.  Sadly she died though." He told me.

I saw a single tear run down his face before he wiped it away and his eyes hardened.

"Kallista was the only thing keeping me from going crazy.  Mate or not if you hurt her ever I wont hesitate to kill you got it. And now we both know that that will not be a problem. Now that that is out of the way I need you to ask your father for permission for me to be on his land.  Technically I am a rogue and I know the laws." he told me all to seriously.  Damn. This guy was scareing me and me being the next in line to be alpha, well lets just say that it isn't good.

"Will do sir." I told him.

"Thank you. And please call me john."

Just then Kallista walks in.  She has a cooking apron on and she eve looks hot in that. Damn.  I pulled out of my ogling state to hear what she said.

"Supper is done and on the table.  You guys gonna come eat or....?" She said.

"We are comeing. Come on Clayton.  Trust me it wont taste bad. Far from." John said getting up and heading to the kitchen with me following behind him and Kallista behind both of us.

KALLISTA'S P.O.V.

I followed Clayton and my dad into the kitchen.  Sometimes I hated making chicken noodle soup but tonight I didn't mind. For some reason I was craveing it after I started to make it. I walked up to the kitchen cubord and got out three bowls. Then I put some into each bowl. I made a huge pot of it because I knew most of it would get ate and what didn't would be my dads lunch for tomarrow. Handing a bowl to my dad and Clayton I took mine and sat down at the table. 

"Holy crap this is good!!!" Clayton burst out all of a sudden.

I smacked him hard on the arm for that almost knocking the bowl out of his hands. He just scowled at me.

"What was that for?" He asked

"I hate cussing." I told him and shrugged my shoulders.

"Fuck." he said

So I hit him again.

"Crap."

and again I hit him.

"for the love of god!"

I smacked him again! Does he ever learn?!

"Okay okay I get it! Jeez no need to go ape on me!" he said annoyed.

"Good boy. Now eat your soup." I said like I was talking to a dog. For some reason I wasn't ever tense or cautious when I was around him.

"I'm not a dog." He said scowling. I looked at my dad and saw he had a smile tugging on his lips.

"What?" I asked.

"Oh Kallista you have no idea." My dad said.

"What does that mean?" I said putting my guard up a little.

"Nothing. Just your dad being your dad." He told me.

I looked at him curiously. I love my dad yes but that doesn't mean he isn't hideing something. By the end of the night my Dad and Clayton had somehow eaten the whole pan. Now we were sitting around the table. Them talking and me just sitting quietly.