Chapter 2

Audrey

2 months later

Upon hearing the melodic ringing of my phone, I put the cap of my rouge lipstick back on and placed my lipstick down on the dresser which was located in the hallway.

I picked up my phone and answered it without checking who was actually calling, "Hello, this is Audrey Jackson." I answered, as I was looking into the mirror above to check the application of my lipstick.

The faint yet masculine voice responded, "Hey, Audrey. This is Alec, what's up?" He asked.

"Nothing much...hang on. Oh my gosh. It's been ages since I've spoken to you, how's my Leccy?" I replied, smiling widely.

Alec answered, "I'm ok. I've been meaning to see you, I wanted to catch up and spend some time with you."

I giggled, "You must miss me a lot, Lecxy." I stated.

As soon as those words escaped my mouth, I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist and a prominent brush of air upon my neck.

Alec spoke into the phone, "I miss you a lot Audrey. We used to be so close but we've become so distant, let's get close again." He said.

The arms around my waist tightened their hold and I could feel a head snuggle into my neck, getting closer to the phone which was pressed against my ear.

I gulped but before I could speak up, the voice behind me did, "Audrey...I'm so tired baby, come take a nap with me."

I rolled my eyes to the back of my head and heard Alec clear his throat. I shook my head lightly and spoke up, "Listen Alec, I'll find the time to call you back. Michael needs me right now, take care of yourself." I said.

Michael who was seemingly satisfied, let go of me and stepped back.

Alec sighed into the phone, "Sure thing. Call me back whenever you can. Take care, bye." He said.

"Take care, bye." I replied, before hanging up.

I placed my phone back down on the dresser and turned around to face Michael, "What the hell was that?" I asked, folding my arms.

Michael shrugged his arms sluggishly, "Just my curiosity. Making sure you don't go around hooking up with other men." He replied.

I shook my head in disbelief, "I'm not like you, plus come on, he's 4 years younger than me and I'm a married woman. What on Earth makes you think that he would even look at me with such thoughts? I'm sure he'd go for a girl around his age and if not exactly around his age then I'm sure he'd go for a girl at least 2 years older or maybe 3 but I refuse to believe 4. Anyways, I don't judge whatever someone else's preferences are so you shouldn't either." I said.

Michael's eyes drifted towards the top right corner of the ceiling, "I was much younger than Diana too..." He said, rocking back and forth on his feet.

I looked directly at him with a surprised look and immediately shook my head to snap myself out of my thoughts.

I brushed it off and decided not to question it and just take this as my cue to leave.