Natalya Arlovskaya (Belarus)

This theory is made by chartomio-zone

************************************

He woke her up at five am to watch the sun rise.

Natalya latched onto her big brother's arm as he led her to their shack's roof. It was their daily routine. Watching the sun rise, as her brother had told her, was living proof that there was always hope for every day. New day, new hope. Her brother was a happy man. He had it rough, too, but covered up and tried to be happy. Natalya was happy, too, as long as he was there beside her.

After the sun had fully risen, both of them scurried back to their shack. It was cold and empty, but soon filled with love and warm laughter as Natalya washed up and started to serve breakfast. Potatoes- that was what Natalya served up everyday for breakfast, lunch or dinner. But none of them ever complained. After all, each day, her brother knew a different way to prepare the said starchy vegetable. And none of them seemed to notice. They were content on what they had. And plus, they won't be eating just potatoes for long.

Natalya Arlovskaya was born to a young, unwed mother and a man, who apparently had ran away and married another woman whom he also managed to impregnate. Her mother couldn't handle everything and had no choice but to leave her somewhere hidden and let fate and the cold Belarusian snow take her life. When the sun shed it's first rays upon her almost freezing body, she was saved. A newborn Natalya was found by a ten year old silverette roaming around at sunrise. He raised her with the help of a few relatives. It was a very mature decision- he gave up his studies and worked in a farm until she grew older and older. He never did complain, as Natalya behaved properly. She was sometimes mischievous, but it was kept to a mild level. Also, the man loved her with a passion. His world revolved all around her.

He was the only one she considered as 'family'. She openly offered her love to her relatives, but they did not accept it. They even treated her badly, made her drudge and do all the housework while her brother was away. He never turned a blind eye on their mistreatment hence, he took her away with him to live independently once he hit the age of 18.

Now, today was her brother's first month at work. It was a tough job- construction, but it paid off well. She saw how exhausted he would be after work, but never really wanted to talk about it. After all, it was the only way he could put food on the table.

"Do svidaniya, brat."

She had been used to him leaving at 8 AM, return for lunch at 10 and ultimately come back home at 3. Now, as it was a Saturday, all she had to do is wait and watch some TV for an hour.
...

Ten would be the most thrilling hour. Any minute, she could hear his footsteps shuffling up the wooden floorboards..

A chill crept up her spine at her brother's absence. It was already 11. Her nervousness welled up in her stomach and was slowly rising up her throat as the hour of 12 struck.

For some reason, she wanted to go to the construction site, but remembered his brother's firm instructions to never go there or leave. That's right. She didn't even have the keys to lock the house. So, she just swallowed up her anxiety like a giant mush of rice and waited. It was all she could do.

Natalya hated feeling helpless.

Then, it struck her.

"You've forgotten.." she whispered to herself, clutching her blanket tight. Maybe her brother had some money to buy himself some lunch or was just plain lazy to come back home. The more she thought about it, the more she believed it.

The clock struck 2.

"It's alright.." she breathed, "You have to start moving on.."

She shut her eyes tight. Her brother will be home soon.

3.

Any minute now..

3:15

Maybe he stayed late?

3:30

Something must've come up.

3:55

Bog, please keep moy brat safe..

It felt like eternity.

Then, there was a knock on the door. She blinked. Was it really true? Why was brat knocking? He had keys. Such thoughts ran through her mind.

Natalya threw whatever she was holding and rushed to open it. Her heart pounded hard and had a few anxious tears in her dark eyes.

She couldn't hold it in when she saw her brother's workmate with some blood on his overalls.

"Zhenshchina, your brat is dead."

4:00.

She didn't know why but she felt her world darken and her body felt heavier. The man wasn't able to catch her. She fell into a deep sleep as her head made contact with the concrete steps.

Permanently.

************************************

She was deep in a forest together with two silver-capped children.
All she knew was that the male of the two was her beloved brother.

Do svidaniya- (Rus.) Goodbye
Brat- (Rus.) brother
Bog- (Rus.) God
Moy- (Rus.) my
Zhenshchina- (Rus.) girl

************************************

This explains Belarus' extreme love for her brother, why she doesn't mind eating potatoes everyday, and if you read Belarus' profile in hetalia.kitawiki.net;

At five in the morning, she said she would go watch the sun rise. She calls eight AM "torture" and four PM "the devil." At nine, she decided to "watch some state-run TV to be poisoned by propaganda." According to her, ten in the morning is the most thrilling time in Belarus. She seems to get nervous around 11 and 12 for some reason, and calms down (saying "you've forgotten") at one and that "it's alright" and "you have to start moving on" at two.