Chapter One: The First Day

I felt the warm sunshine coming through the window of my medium-sized room. Since the shades were white, the sun was bright enough to reach my beloved bed. I was so relaxed and peaceful, just lying under my mint green covers and my head resting on my soft, snow white pillow.

In the distance, I felt a soft buzzing sound next to my ear. At first, it was calming and felt good against my pale skin. Then, it started to get louder and louder. Half asleep, I wasn't sure what it was, until it hit me.

Buzzzz buzzzz buzzzz. My phone was vibrating and now it felt like an earthquake was attacking my face.

"Ugh, I'm awake!" I mumbled and squinted at the brightness of my phone screen. It was from my best friend, Lily.

From: Lily

hey girl!

At the moment, I wasn't in the mood to talk, but when I looked at my clock and realized it was already 7:20, I figured I should get up anyway. Today was the first day of my Junior year of high school. I wasn't particularly excited, but I was looking forward to seeing some of my other friends.

To: Lily

hey lil

I slowly got out of bed and stretched from head to toe. My phone vibrated again and I looked down to see Lily's name pop up. Jeez, she was fast.

From: Lily

nothing, just freaking out because we're going back to school! :D

If you couldn't tell, Lily is kind of a dork. I'm not talking about one of those dorks who love homework and learning, but she's one of those dorks that has major school spirit. Whether its football games, pep rallies, or even the first day of school, Lil decks out in school colors. Although, she was really smart so maybe she does have the nerdy kind of dork inside of her. The point is, she might be an weirdo, but she's my weirdo, so its ok.

To: Lily

i dont get you sometimes...

I made my way downstairs and grabbed a granola bar.

"Hello sweetie." My mom greeted me from the sink. 

"Hey mom." I said half-heartedly, not really in the mood to talk since I was still in the process of waking up.

"Well, someone's not in a good mood." She looked at me, placing a gentle hand on her left hip.

"Sorry, just not in the mood for school to start today." I sighed, feeling my phone vibrate in my pj pant pocket but resisting the urge to check it.

"Let me guess, Lily is the opposite?"

"You got it." I said. "I'm going to go get ready." I walked up the stairs back to my room. I heard my mom say something else but she was too distant to hear and I didn't have the energy to go back down to see what it was.

I slowly unwrapped the granola bar and took a small bite as I looked through my closet to see what I was going to wear.

I already had a theme in my head. Not too fancy, not too drab, but just enough of both so I looked decent, especially for any new guys coming to Glendale High School. I might not be a big flirt, but with guys who don't know me, my infamous skills work quite well.

From: Lily

ill pick you up at 8

I looked at the clock. 7:50. Great. I had ten minutes to get dressed, brush my teeth, do my makeup, and figure out how to fix my hair into something that didn't look like I had just gotten up.