Chapter 2: Neighbors

After my run in with Dylan, I completely forgot I had to go to the bathroom. I walked into a stall, inspected it to make sure it wasn't completely unusable, and locked the door.

Just then, I heard some girls walk into the bathroom, talking so loud that I'm pretty sure China could  hear them.

"Did you guys see that new Dylan kid?" One girl started to say. "He's really cute.

"I know, so innocent. I want him." Another girl giggled.

"I saw him talking to that Cherry girl." The other one said my name.

"Really? What does he want with her?" 

"Who knows. I have nothing to worry about, though. Cherry doesn't stand a chance against me." The girl snickered.

"So true Soph." A different girl spoke. 

There wasn't much talking after that so I assumed they were fixing up their makeup or something. As soon as I heard them leave, I flushed and put my hands on the sink, looking at my self in the mirror.

What was I thinking? There are tons of prettier girls at this school. The only thing I had against them was that I didn't have a history with guys. Of course, Dylan probably wouldn't care. 

I made my way back to where Lily's locker was when suddenly I felt something hard hit my head and I was down for the count. 

I heard laughing and feet moving fast along the hallway floor.

"Are you ok?" I heard Brad laughing.

"Yeah, because everyone is fine after they get hit with a brick." I said sarcastically.

"Dude, chill." He replied and walked away with his friends.

"Here, let me help." I heard a soft voice say and I saw a hand to help me up. I took with gratefully and when I looked up and saw those safe, lime green eyes, I knew exactly who it was.

"Thanks." Was all I could get out.

"No problem. Those guys are jerks." He said, gesturing towards Brad and his friends.

"Tell me about it." I mumbled.

"I feel like whenever we meet, you're on the ground because you were hit by something." He gave a small laugh.

"I guess its a trend now." I joked.

"So, anyway, I'll see you around." He said and walked away.

Why couldn't I have said something flirty, I thought angrily to myself.

 As I started walking again, I remembered that someone had texted me earlier, which helped to my run in with Dylan. I pulled out my phone and saw it was from Lily. 

 From: Lily

hey i started walking to class since i know you're going to take too long..see you at lunch!

Of course she couldn't wait. That's just like her. 

As I walked into my first period, English, I took my seat and waited for the bell to ring so I could countdown to when this day would be over. 

"Hey." I felt someone tap on my shoulder and looked up to, none other than, Dylan.

"Oh, hey." I say, shocked.

"I guess this is a small school." He gives a small laugh.

"Yeah, I guess so." I smile.

Just then the bell rang and the sound of shuffling of feet moving towards desks started to swarm the room.