Chapter 9

There was definitely something I was missing. Why did they point to the animatronics when I asked where their bodies went? Maybe they were confused with what I said.

When I got home I went into the kitchen so I could get to the garage and put the tools away. I noticed that Uncle had forgotten the lunch that I made for him. I figured I would run it to him really quick. He always worked hard, and never really had time to step out of the office. So I immediately left and drove to the station. When I arrived, I saw someone leaving the building, carrying a trash bag. He put it in the garbage can in a way that reminded me of my dream, when a man stuffed a bag into the Freddy suit.

That's when I knew. My heart beat a mile a minute, about to jump right out of my chest. "That's what they meant! I have to tell uncle!" I said aloud, catching the nearby officer's attention.

"You okay?" He called to me, walking over. Something told me to get away from him. I dashed into the office, where another officer called for uncle to meet me in the front. That man... I thought. He is the man from my dream!

"Hey, (Y/N)." Uncle appeared behind me, and I jumped a little. "Woah you okay? You look like you've seen a ghost!"

Actually, I had seen four.

"Uncle! It's him!!" I cried, pointing out the window.

"Who? Who are you talking about?" He brushed some hair out of my face and behind my ear.

Just then, the man came in from outside.

"Hey Vincent." Uncle said, stepping in front of me. "What were you doing just now?"

"Just stuffing the trash in the garbage can, where it belongs.." He said in a kind of whisper, with the same grin I saw on his face in my dream.

"Don't we have janitors for that?" Uncle laughed. "We have no time to step out of office right now. You should be focusing on finding Clara."

"You're right, I'll get back to work right away. But I feel like I'm...close to a breakthrough." He looked at me when he said that. I kept a straight face as Vincent left us there at the front.

"Now, what were you saying?" Uncle looked back at me.

"That's him! The one that tried to kill me that night and killed Sai and the others!" I cried.

"Sweetheart that makes no sense. Vincent is the one who volunteered to be leader of this case."

"I'd never forget his face Uncle! You have to believe me!"

"Okay. Even if you are right, how would you prove it? And why would he do this project voluntarily with the risk of being caught?"

"Because no one would suspect it." I answered seriously. He couldn't really argue with that. "Being the leader, he would bring you further away than when you started. You will never find out what happened if you listen to him."

"Do you know what happened? Did you find the footage?"

"They were murdered, and hidden in the animatronic suits. He stuffed them in there so no one would find them."

"Are you sure??" He asked, placing his hands on my shoulders and shook me lightly.

"I haven't been more sure in my life."

"How do you know?"

And, there it was just like Ben said. Uncle asking me to prove that what I said was true.

"Come with me to work tomorrow."

"I'm not allowed on premesis. You know that." Uncle crossed his arms.

"Then don't come in uniform. You have to see with your own eyes."

"See what??" He seemed to have started losing his patience.

"I'm going to tell you the truth." I took a deep breath. "They are haunting the animatronics at the pizzaria. They themselves told me what happened."

"They...told you..." He nodded slowly. It wasn't tough to tell he wasn't buying it. "Look, (Y/N)...I don't have time for this. You should think about finding another job. This obviously has you delusional."

"Uncle please..." I felt myself about to break down. Uncle was the only one I had and he wouldn't believe me.

"This is too much."

"Don't say that until you come to work with me. Promise you will." I grabbed his hand and held it tight. Uncle sighed.

"Fine, I'll go. But not tomorrow, because I have work early. The next day?"

"Okay, that's fine."

"Thanks for bringing lunch." He smiled, and I gave him the tote it was in. Then we said our goodbyes, uncle went back to work, and I went home.