Chapter 24: Another one bites the dust

HOLLYS POV

I woke up early that morning to catch the beautiful colours of orange and yellow pour over the walls of the glade. It made me think how could one awful place be so pretty in a instant. I was crouched on a rock up on hill. It was quiet, calming. No one else seemed to know about this place. Suddenly I heard crunches of leaves behind me, I groaned silently. 'Spoke too soon'. As I turned to face my approacher, my heart skipped a beat. His messy blonde hair shone with the colours of the sky, perfect blue eyes sparkled. It was Gally. I sighed and got up. "Nice view isn't it" he chuckled as he walked closer to me. "Well yeah, it's lovely" I took a small step back, peering and the now risen sun. It was silent for a moment, the awkwardness seemed to grow. I noticed from the corner of my eye Gally reached his hand out for mine so I quickly faced him and smiled, "newts probably looking for me so I should go" I said hurrying off down the hidden track. I didn't turn back for reply.
---------------------
At dinner I sat with Newt, Lily, Thomas and Chuck. We were all digging into frypans dreamy bacon after a hard day. The heat had gotten stronger, so I was sweating like a pig.
"How does he make it soooooo good!?" Lily questioned enthused by it all. "Secret recipe I'm guessing" Newt added smiling. It suddenly occurred to me that we were missing someone. I dropped the food from my mouth. "Guys where's Janelle?" They all slowly thought for a moment. "I.. Don't know" Lily said confused "I haven't seen her all day, she wasn't at the medjacks when i was" Thomas added in wiping his chin with his forearm. 'Strange' I wondered. "She's probably gone to bed early love" Newt implied quietly. "Okay well I'm still going to check" and with that I walked off.

I reached Janelles room, the door was shut. 'She's probably asleep' I sighed happily. I went to knock on the door but as I did it glided open. I anxiously walked into the dark room. No one was here, it was empty. I felt my stomach twist, 'something's not right'. I began pacing out of the room when something caught my foot. I bent down and saw it was a small letter. Without hesitation I ripped it open. The 2 words written on it jumped out of the page. HELP ME. Above it was a small location pinpoint. "That must be where Janelle is!" I said relived and scared to myself. I shoved the piece of paper in my pocket and ran out of the room.

Hey guys! Sorry I've been very busy at the moment but I hope you enjoyed this little cliffhanger😜 I'll try update as soon as I can! Love you all ❤️