Chapter 2

Chapter Two

My stepdad, Robert, pulled into the driveway to take me home and I grabbed all of my belongings to head out. My mom wasn't getting home until 10 tonight so when I got home, I picked up one of my three cats and took him to my room. He hadn't been feeling well lately, so I just set him down on my bed and went about cleaning my room. I turned on some music and started listening to Sleeping with Sirens.

"Lie, lie, liar. Liar, You'll pay for your sins." I started singing as I threw all of the trash in my room into the trashcan. When I was done, I was bored and craving some Taco Bell. It was already late, but it was Friday and it wasn't raining anymore, so I asked my stepdad if I could go to town in my new car. It wasn't a fancy car, but my money was being saved for more important things, like college.

"I breathe you in with smoke in the backyard light. We used to laugh until we choked into the wasted nights." I sang Bulletproof Love by Pierce the Veil as I pulled into Taco Bell's parking lot. I went in and sat down. Then I felt a bit embarrassed, because I forgot to order. I walked up to the counter and asked the woman for a chicken quesadilla and nachos with cheese. I then sat down and watched everyone around me while I ate before I walked out to my car. I turned the key in the ignition, but nothing happened. I tried about five more times when I realized that nothing was going to happen. I went to look for my phone, but I couldn't find it. I groaned and got out of the car. I had a few quarters and there was a payphone about five blocks away so I started walking.

I walked about three blocks when I heard a male voice, "No, please. I'll give you anything you want." I stopped dead in my tracks to listen closer. It was coming from the allyway that's entrance was about two feet infront of me.

"I don't want anything you can offer me." I heard another male voice and slowly made my way forward. I peeked around the corner and saw a guy with black hair and a white hoodie leaning over an old homeless looking man as he quivered on the ground.

My heart skipped a beat when the old man looked over at me, "Help me, please." he cried out. The other guy looked at me. His face was extremely pale and he had a smile carved into his face with black circles around his eyes. So obviously, I was scared shitless. But I knew that I couldn't leave the old man here all alone, so I took a step forward.

"Leave him alone." I said in a shaky voice. The guy cocked his head to the side and looked at me curiously. Then he chuckled and lifted his foot from the old man's abdomen.

He took a step toward me and said, "What are you gonna' do? Stop me?"

"Wow, that line is so used. What else you got?" I said rolling my eyes. Now wasn't really the time for my sarcasm, but I couldn't help myself, he was being so cliche.

"Go to sleep." he said and started toward me. I was a good sixteen feet away from the guy, but I didn't know if I could outrun him. I was going to try either way.

"Run, old man! Run!" I screamed and took off in the direction behind me. I didn't know if the creepy dude was chasing me, but I ran all the way to the payphone and fumbled with my quarters. Unfortunately, the payphone wasn't a phonebooth or I could've locked myself away from danger. I called my stepdad first and told him that my car wouldn't start and then I called a towtruck. I also called the police anonymously, incase the old man needed help. I looked around and didn't see anyone so I backed into the wall behind me and slid down to the ground. I had to get back to my car, but I was afraid of seeing that guy again. I decided I would take a different route to Taco Bell and stood up. I walked to the Taco Bell parking lot and when I got to my car, I sat inside until Robert and a towtruck arrived.

"Hey, babygirl. You okay?" he asked as I got into his truck.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I said. I turned up the radio on a rock station and rested my head on the window. When I got home, I went to my room and got on my computer. I listen to a music for a while and went to sleep.

* * *

When I woke up, my cat, B.B., was in my bed.(lol at the name) I got up from my bed and walked into the living room. I saw that it was noon and nobody else was awake, so I quietly went to the kitchen and made myself a bowl of cereal. I wanted fruitloops, but we only had captain crunch :( I ate my breakfast on the couch and watched Spongebob. Plankton had just turned Mr.Crabs into a baby when Robert came in.

"Hey, you up already?" he asked and sat down on the loveseat beside the couch.

"Yup." I replied popping the 'p', "I'm going to the mall." I said.

I got dressed and drove off to buy some things at Hottopic. It was my birthday a few days ago and I had been meaning to spend the money I got as a gift, but school and homework got in the way. When I got to the mall, I went to Hottpic. I got some wristbands with Sleeping With Sirens, Pierce the Veil and Suicide Silence on them and a Black Veil Brides and an A Nightmare Before Christmas T-shirt. I walked to Journey and got a pair of Green Day converse and colorful socks. I had a bit of money left, so I went to F.Y.E and bought some pocky, then I drove to DairyQueen to get a milkshake. As I sat down in my booth with a mint chocolatechip blizzard, I saw an old man walk in. I recognised him as the guy from last night. I wanted to ask him if he was okay, but I was too shy to do so, so I just stayed in my seat and hoped that he would approach me so I wouldn't have to get up. He walked over to me and looked at me for a moment.

"Did you save me last night?" he asked cautiously.

"Yeah, are you okay." I asked as a relieved smile spread across my face.

"Thanks to you. I really appreciate it." he said smiling back at me.

"No problem." I replied, "Do you happen to know who the guy that attacked you was?" I asked.

"No, I don't and I don't hope to." he said.

I left for home with the rest of my milkshake and stood in my room trying on my new shirts. I looked in the mirror and focused on my blue and black hair. It looked duller than usual and I saw brown at my roots. I didn't have anything better to do, so I went into the bathroom and redyed my hair. After that, I went into my room and made a bracelet from beads and pins. I was still super bored so I watched the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Those movies were pretty long, so by the time I was done, it was midnight. I was tired then, so I used the bathroom, brushed my teeth and went to sleep with my other cat, Gilly, short for Guillotine, with me. I wasn't fond of my other cat Precious, I never really liked her, but I liked Gilly and B.B.