Chapter 5

Alice could't quite wrap herself around what happened at the cafe.
After what happened, she quickly gave Seth his caramel latte and ran away, with an excuse that she wasn't feeling well.
Was that a confession?
Nah.
That's not possible.
She probably misheard.
That's right, she had to have misheard.
How could an impossibly cute guy like him fall for Alice.
She couldn't sleep. Not even after her little sister woke up at midnight to moan to her about how the gummy monster attempted to eat her in her dream.
After rolling around in bed for approximately 4 hours, she finally fell asleep.

Alice woke up on the next day, bewildered. It was 8 o'clock. Not only is she late, but her siblings will be late too.
How can she be this irresponsible?

Alice slowly got out of bed, as for some reasons, she had no energy, when Leo walked into her room.

"Leo, I'm so sorry I-" she started.

Damn. Her voice was hoarse.
"Go back to bed." He said firmly.
What? When did Leo sound that mature? And when did he have the right to order her around?

"Leo, I-"
Again, Leo repeated what he said previously.
Why is he saying this?

Her brother was only 13. But he sounded older than her, a 15 year old.

"I'll deal with Lucy. You go back to bed. You have a fever." He said, once again, firmly.

Fever? Are you kidding me? I have never gotten a fever in my whole entire life.
Alice noticed her sweaty palms, her croaking voice and noticed how a bottle of antibiotics, a cup of water and fried eggs were placed by her bed.

"You were sweating a lot. I was wondering why you weren't awake yet, so I checked. You're sick. So you gotta rest. I got you some anti-biotics. Now bye."
He quickly walked outside before she could say anything.

Alice couldn't help but laugh.
Leo was normally said to be emotionless. But she knows he isn't.
He cares, but be just doesn't express it well.

She trusts him. School wasn't too far away, so he can manage, probably.

She quickly ate some breakfast, the medicine, and drifted into a deep sleep.

Ding dong.
Alice was awakened by the sound of the doorbells.
Who could it be?
It couldn't be her dad. He doesn't ring the bells, he just waltzes in without a care in the world.
It couldn't be Leo either.
Since it his his house, he wouldn't need to ring the bell, and today, he has basketball.
So who could if be?
She sleepily walked to the door, and opened it.
Her face flushed bright red.
Remember how she said that she wouldn't be surprised if Seth showed up at her house?
Well, she jinxed herself.
Right there in front of her, Seth looked at her worriedly. Behind him, was Luke and Kayla, from the Art club.
Again?
Why again?
Why is he here in front of her again?
She is already too embarrassed because of yesterday, and she is even more embarrassed as he saw her in a mess.
Polka dot pajamas, crazy bed hair, extremely pale, and probably swollen eyes.

    "Are you okay? Your brother told us you were really sick, so we came to visit." He said.

Alice couldn't deal with the shame and slapped the door close.
She felt like Luke and Kayla didn't exist. She was just so focused on Seth. Seth.
Damn Leo, he probably planned this, since he already noticed that she liked Seth.

About 2 seconds after that, she opened the door again.

"Sorry for that. I was a little...unprepared? Come in." She said.
Seth slowly walked in, with Luke and Kayla following him.
He looked around her house. It was the first time that he had ever been here, while Luke and Kayla had been here before.

She wondered if he was judging how small it was.

"Alice." Luke started.
What? What was he going to say? That she was weird? Around Seth?
She felt overly self conscious.

"Y-yes...?"
Luke chuckled awkwardly, and pointed at her.

"You didn't shower yet, did you?"
Alice turned bright red.

Yep.

Not showering meant wearing pajamas from last night.

Pajamas from last night meant she didn't wear any pants.