Chapter 1 - An unexpected arrival

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR LAUREN, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU"

It's Lauren Anderson's 16th birthday. She is having a party with all her friends. But guess who's there.....her secret admirer. Lauren doesn't know she has a secret admirer let alone that he's there, at her party. There's only 15 minutes left of the party and Lauren is unwrapping her birthday gifts. She recieved a new laptop from her mum. A £200 cheque from her dad and lots of clothes and money e.t.c from her friends. All the presents were piled on the table but one of them was hidden....ON PURPOSE!

Chantelle, Lauren's best friend, notices the small box on the table and she gives it to Lauren.                       

"It doesn't have a label," Lauren wonders confusingly.

Everyone shakes their head to show that it wasn't them that had an extra present for her. Lauren just thinks that the label has come off and is obviously from one of her friends that had to leave early. She's wrong. 

"Happy Birthday Lauren" a disfigured man whispers to himself as he leaves the party.

No one hears what he just said, but everyone knows that somethings not right as the door slammed shut, but no one had left the room that they know of. Again Lauren just thinks it's the wind blowing hard, but once again....she's wrong!