[1] Lost and Found

It started off as more of a bored day than a sad one.

Gilbert, an albino German that's like super cool, lived a few minutes away from the beach. It was a luxury some people had but he never took advantage of it. He always wanted to go- but each time he went he got a really bad sunburn. And Gil doesn't really handle sunburns all that great. Stupid pale skin. Therefore, today he actually wanted to go around sunset, not catching that many rays- enjoying the view more than the sun. Maybe go in for a dip. It would be relaxing- exactly what he needed.

So Gilbert prepared a bag with a towel, a change of shorts, and goggles. The standard beach gear for the standard awesome human. He slid on his scarlet swimming trunks that said "I am awesome!" on the thighs in apricot text. Not gonna lie, but these awesome swim trunks were his favorite pair. You most likely see why. I mean, if you don't know what Prussia is like, why are you even here? Are you just some Hetalia noob that thinks Francis is a rapist? Or thinks that Alfred is obnoxious and annoying? Or thinks Feliciano is clingy and annoying? Well I they're not. And  they won't be portrayed exactly like that in this. What were you thinking? With that, he walked to the beach.

The German could see people leaving already with it getting dark. Some groups were just chatting away while others were somewhat silent. Probably just tired after a long exhausting day. He flashed a few grins to some ladies and waved a hello or two to others. Gilbert just enjoyed being social. It was his thing. Gil got along with almost anyone. Except for his homie's boyfriend Arthur. But that's like something else. Gilbert wouldn't be gay. Nope. Not anytime soon.
Well sometimes like a hot guy passed.
Like who wouldn't be gay for that.

Anyways he steadily trekked towards the shore. Eventually he arrived with the sun just barely peeking over the horizon, it's last few rays grasping for attention. The albino set up his towel and bag towards a clump of rocks that blocked the wind. Very convenient for him. He didn't want any sand in his eyes when resting. The German rolled over into the water; not feeling like getting up. "Mein gott... The water feels nice," Gilbert mumbled out to himself.

Gilbert began to relax in the warm water, the waves gently hitting his side. Between those small hits he heard rough slapping against the sand. The albino brushed it off as some kid running or something but each time it seemed faster. Finally fed up with the noise, he sat up and looked around. Down the shore he saw what looked like a- dolphin? No- he could just see the end of a fin. Plus it was too much of a silver blue color to be a dolphin. Probably just some beached fish. It seemed kind of weird to help a random fish back into the ocean but he decided to just do it anyway. The action could make him seem like a better person- or that's how his homie would put it. Gilbert started sprinting towards it quickly; feeling a sudden sense of urgency.

Gilbert was shocked to hear the voice and even more shocked to see a merman fish human hybrid- it was a mermaid. He had short amber hair that framed the side of his face. And he seemed to be getting back to sea. There. Gil couldn't just stand there! On instinct, the man dragged the creature back into the water hurriedly. He didn't know much, but he was pretty sure the boy was in trouble. Once it hit the water, he gasped in relief. "Oh... grazie," he heard the boy whisper. Gilbert stood in awe a few seconds, staring at the smol thing. "Okay... What- or who- are you?"

Ignoring the question, he placed a shell in Gilbert's hand, "I'm super happy you helped me! But I have to go now..." He was already starting to scoot back into the water. Gilbert stood there confused; utterly unsure of what to do. So he came up with the smoothest response he could think of.

"Ayy fish kid- I- you can just come with me!"

Gilbert mentally face-palmed. He forgot he snazzy remarks are as smooth as a lumpy twisted bratwurst. He probably couldn't even swoon a rock to save his life. Forget a merman out of all things. "What? Sir- I..you're not supposed to see me..." He breathed out, swimming out further. "Please.." The German looked down into his hand at the shell, frowning slightly. He was probably just sleeping. Yeah. He could wake up any minute now with salt water rushing up his nose. That would be a relief. Gilbert huffed out, "okay- fine." He turned around, giving the boy a full view of his 'I am awesome!' swimming trunks and raced away. Regret was strong with this one.