[3] Gifts and Crabs

Finally

After like an hour or two Gilbert finally shook himself awake, urgent to make the gift again. "I'll JUsT dO iT!" Gilbert shouted, sounding a bit like Shia Labeouf. He took his bag and set it down on the table; a few of the contents spilling out onto the table. The German dumped out all the shells and started sorting through, trying to find a sort of small but very pretty and shiny shell. To reflect the Italian fish boy's personality. He noticed that one of the shells was multicolored, with blue in some places and a pastel pink in others, while the inside had brilliant bright colors on the inside. "I'll use this one!" Gil murmured to himself and took a tiny screw. He proceeded to drill a hole into the shell to put the string through. "And... There! Awesome!" The German put the string through the hole and held it up. Big enough for a neck. Nice. Gilbert made himself a necklace too, this time choosing more of a blotted red and white shell. The inside was more of a dull green/pink but overall it was pretty awesome.

He finished both necklaces and etched a small heart into the inside of Feli's. The heart wasn't the most symmetrical heart he'd ever draw. It'll work. Now excited, he tossed some scuba gear into the same bag and two towels this time- just in case he actually did get rest. Once he was ready to leave, he just felt so tired. Like as if something were stopping him. But this is fucking WattPad. You would think that was a hint for a deep future plot that causes conflict. Bitch u thought. Gil only got two hours of sleep the night before. Give the albino a break. So he slept on the couch a little while longer, waiting for sunset once again.

But we all know what happens when you do that. You sleep through a whole century. A whole millennia. Generations gone by. Unfortunately, that type of nap occurred to the German. He sat straight up, awoken again by urgency. This time because of the what time of day it was. He hurriedly looked out the window. "Shit I'll be late!" He grabbed his bag and ran out to the beach, going at top speed. Some passerby give him weird stares but he didn't really notice. He was in a hurry after all. After a seemingly long time of running, Gilbert finally reached the beach, looking left and right until he saw a collection of rocks, and among them was Feli just sitting there on one.

He waved his hand and quickly bolted over. "Sorry I'm late!" The merman perked up and waved excitedly to him, "Ve~ Hello! I got you a snack!" He said happily, holding up a live crab.
Gilbert stopped, suddenly stiffening up, "snack?!" His smile turned to more of a surprise look- not disgusted but more shocked. Feliciano nodded and giggled in response, "Si, I saved the biggest crab just for you! Well..I got hungry and I ate it..But this one's the second biggest!" His vibrant smile dropped momentarily, then lifting back up again. Fuck he's so cute. Gilbert slowly shook his head, "I don't eat live crab, Feli!" He laughed a little, pitying the smol merman.

He tilted his head, looking to Gilbert "Then what do you eat? I have shrimp too.."
"I eat cooked food and sometimes dry snacks!" Gilbert chirped up.
"Cooked?" He said with a child-like wonder in his eyes "How do you do that?"
"Well you take heat! Hot stuff! And then you put food over it! Then bam! Edible stuff!" Gilbert grinned with an excited glint in his eyes.
"I wish I could try cooked things.." Feliciano said, a wondrous wistfulness in his voice "I wish I had those leg things, your land looks so fun."

"I could bring a grill tomorrow!" Gilbert stared at the Italian for a while, "but the ocean looks so awesome!! It so full of stuff and most of it hasn't even been discovered yet!!!" The German announced the last part a little too loudly. But that's okay. Feliciano leaned on Gilbert's shoulder, looking at the sunset.

"You would do that for me?"
"Ja I would!"

He popped another crab into his mouth, crunching down on it. Feliciano smiled at Gilbert and grabbed his hand "Come swimming with me!" The German willingly ran into the water, diving in. All those years of training in the cold lakes in Germany have taught him something. Something so valuable the he should never forget. A life lesson, of sorts.