Chapter five

Lexi

When I woke up, it was dark. We appeared to be in a tunnel. I was in Liam's arms, he was holding me close to his bear chest and I could feel his body heat radiating off him. As soon as he noticed I was awake (and staring at his gorgeous face) He set me down on my feet, keeping one hand on my waist so I wouldn't fall. I felt the poison rushing through my veins. It made me a bit light-headed and dizzy. Zach was walking in front of us with hunched shoulders. "Where are the other two?" I questioned. Zach grunted loudly. Was I missing something? And why were we underground, was this some new escape plan or something? Liam just shook his head at me. "They went back to collect some supplies." His voice was tight and raspy. Something bad had defiantly happened. My leg suddenly went dead. I stumbled to the side, an immense pain working it's way upwards. I clenched my teeth and limped on using Liam as a sort of crutch. The poison was working quicker than I though. At this rate I would be dead in a few hours. Liam gave me a questioning look but didn't press any questions. "Probably after effects from earlier." I mumbled. Zach whipped around. It was amazing how much he looked like Leo. Same curly hair, same dark skin that made them look both tanned and the same sparkling dark eyes. In Zach's hands was a thin bit of metal that he kept twisting around and molding into different shapes. "I recognise this place! I was here earlier, the beach is a few miles away." His smile didn't light up his eyes the way it usually did. I smiled back. Then I collapsed for the second time that day.