BFB 18

"Talk" yan ang nasabi ko sa sariliko, yun lang naman ang kulang diba?

Bakit di ko pa magawan ng paraan parabigyan yan ng oras. But deep down I know the

answer, I was scared of bothposibilities. The posibility of them or in this case him not caringenough about me and that I was just some girl they met and knownbefore. And the other being able to think

about feelings and emotions and makingdecisions for it. Feelings and emotions are two of the things I ambad at dealing with, it makes me feel dumb. It confuses me, it makesme nervous.

There was silence between us, and itfelt like hours. When I was about to stand up to leave

he started with

"so.. how've you been?"

napataas lang ako ng kilay sa sinabiniya, but I didnt want to be rude.

"fine, well, I guess.. you?"

"i found out some things about you"

anong ibig niyang sabihin? Nungnapagisip-isip ko, realization came. Pero di ko pinahalata

in the past few years ive mastered thetechnique of not letting anyone see through you

"that's a confusing answer to myquestion"

"oh, and one more thing, my sister isdead"

nanlaki ang mga mata ko at biglangnanghina, na parang maluluha

"i didnt want to bring it that waythough, but I have to extend the same courtesy you did

towards me"

and he was being sarcastic. I know.

Even though I have never seen this sideof him before.

"h-how" gathering all the air I cancope up with, nakita kong naapektuhan siya sa naging reeaksyon ko atbiglang umamo ang mukha niya, nalaman ko lang kung bakit kasinaramdaman kong may pumatay sa braso ko.

"we didnt know, she had cancer and itwas already stage 4 when we got to check it in the hospital. That wasthe time when we last talked to each other. When you told her to go,because she told you she gets nosebleeds very often."

so that's why it stopped. Thecommunication, because she was dead. And I dont even know. She's mybestfriend.

"so that year--"

"she died"

at umagos na lahat ng luha ko. Allthese years. I cant forget about how I struggled to move on withlife.

And she were there dead.

"but im not here to talk about mydead sister though, though I know you should know."

hindi ako sumagot sa kanya

"im here to talk about my deadmother."

And im trembling even more. He made metake off my mask using his sister! His dead sister! That's dirty playmister!

Tiningnan ko siya nang parangnagagalit.

" you knew my mom"

"yes"

"and you didn't tell me"

"why do I have to? It's between meand her"

"your the girl she's been talkingabout, that little sweet girl who gives her flowers in the hospital"

"yes"

"why-- how, have you been fooling meall along? If I havent met that same doctor who treated her and thatsame doctor who tried to treat my sister AGAIN. I will never know itwas you"

"at that time I didn't know you, andI was just I kid! When you came to Claire's house, I didnt even knowshe died. I didnt know you were her son! Why are you angry at me!"

"because all this time-- ugh! I cantbelieve myself! I had two reasons first you were too young and youre mysister's bestfriend. But that became one when my sister agreed. If I had just known that I had the biggest reason to pursue you before. Then maybe you were mine! Then and now! And im not sharing you with anyone. Because I pursued you I little earlier."

Is it just me or kahit ako hindi ko nasiya maintindihan? His speaking english, a language I could perfectlyunderstand. But I dont understand a word youre saying.

"i dont understand you Light, justlet me out so I can leave" and not come back.

Ugh! Ayoko sa drama!

"im saying, you were destined to bemy wife all along."

nanlaki ang mga mata ko.

He smirked.

"my mom used to talk about youeveryday, and said if I could find you maybe we might like eachother. Get married and have kids and she would be happy, I found thatidea absurd, finding someone ive never met."

He looked at me and I feel like im meltingunder his stares.

He hid a stray of hair under my ear.

"do you know how much I wanted youbefore? That I feel like im such a pedo, masturbating over a sixteenyear old girl, that was my sister's bestfriend"

napalunok ako sa sinabi niya, etoh, ba angimpluwensya ng Amerika? Napakavocal niya sa ganito kasekreto dapat nabagay.

"it was an even more intense climax whenyou sleep just right next to my room, when your having sleep overs"namula ako grabe sinong hindi?

Hinawakan niya ang bewang ko dahil aalisna sana ako sobrang inappropriate ng first conversation namin sincehe left, nagjelo ang tuhod ko.

"Dont worry I got you, and this time.Carpe diem. At wala ka nang kawala"