Acceptance

Three years on

"Eren!" Levi called, running up to him in the car park, "I got good news."

The two had the day off, but instead of relaxing, they were busy running errands. Louis' transitioning had begun with tablets and they weren't exactly free. Once Levi left prison, it took him months to find another job and they were financially struggling with only Eren going off to work while he too had tablets to take.

His three gunshot wounds had left nothing more than scars, a miracle in their opinion. Levi was actually back to his old self except for the new look; he kept his prison hairstyle with it flicked over the right, and had even got a septum piercing. "Did the bank agree to a loan?" Eren asked, pausing with shopping bags in hand.

"No, I never even got there. Just as I was going in, that lab I tried to get into? They tested my hypothesis for me and the immunity gene is now an actual theory! And because of that, I got the job, and they're giving me £300K!" ($457980, €410580)

"Three hundred thousand!?!?" Eren exclaimed, getting a few strange looks from others.

"Yeah!" Levi grinned happily, "we're no longer financially unstable!"

"L-levi, that's amazing! Well done!" Eren looked down at his hands, "uh.. I'd hug you but-" Levi grabbed Eren and gave him a squeeze. "Okay, that works." Levi let go. "So, what are we going to do with it? We can pay to go to the next stage in Louis' transition, then what? We'll have two incomes now! Wait- what's your salary?"

Levi smirked, "more than yours. I don't know basically, but they said the starting salary was around what yours is now."

"Oh thank god.. Things are going to be easier now, aren't they? All the kids at school, you and me with flexible hours.. I think we finally have our lives together. That serial killer is dead.. We can relax."

"Are you telling me you've been tensed all this time?" Eren's arms started to ache so he began walking back to where the car was parked.

"Maybe. I mean, you're healthy now, no tablets, nothing. I don't want to try and kill you, I just.." Levi sighed and leaned against the car, "I'm bored."

"Oh trust me, you're not." Eren shut the boot and walked round to his side, "you don't know boredom until you're sat in a hospital bad rather immobile, by yourself, for days on end."

Levi laughed, "no, I guess not."

~*~

Levi and Eren were laughing together that evening on the sofa, taking the mickey out of a TV show that was on; 'Death in Paradise' or something like that. They had a little bit to drink to celebrate the massive sum that now sat in their bank account. Eren got up to disappear into the kitchen and get some snacks when the twins came in huddled together. "Girls," Levi said, sitting up properly. "Is everything okay? Did you have a bad dream?"

Abbie nudged Alexis who looked timid, "is mummy and daddy dead?" Levi froze.

"Why.. Why do you ask that, darling? That's a.. a silly accusation."

She pulled out two rings from her pocket and held them out, "why do you have their wings?"

Levi's expression of shock, turned to one of anger. "What did I say about going through that drawer?"

"It's off limits..."

"That's right! So please, tell me why you were going through it!"

"What's with all the shouting?" Eren asked, coming back in with a bowl of crisps.

"Tell daddy what you did girls." Levi sat back and folded his arms, contemplating what to do next.

"We.. I.. I went-" Alexis started but Abbie interrupted.