Man in the Bathroom

Laura Pembly wasn't smart. She didn't have many friends and wasn't the most popular person in the world but her dark, waist-length hair and dark eyes gave her a certain beauty that all the makeup in the world couldn't get you.

Laura's POV

I was bored. So bored. I heaved herself off my bed, walked into the bathroom and turned on the shower. I stripped off and jumped in. I let out a sigh as the scalding hot water ran over my body.

I shrieked. I had slipped on the wet tiles as I slid out of the shower. I grabbed the basin to stop myself falling over. Just as I righted herself, someone started banging on the door. I yanked my towel around my wet body as the door went flying of its hinges. A man, tall and thin, ran in. He wore an impeccible suit, with a hat cocked low over his face. his skin was waxy and he had green eyes. His high cheekbones were the most distinguishable feature.

"Are you all right?" His voice was smooth as velvet but there was a hint of concern in it. I ran through the list of people I knew but there were no-one who fitted this strange man's appearence.

"I'm...I'm fine." I stuttered "Who are you?"

"My name is Skulduggery Pleasant. Your name is Laura Pembly, at least you think it is. I have been looking for you for 12 years and at last I have found you."

"Okay.O.K. Hi, there nice to meet you. First thing, what do you mean 'I think it is'. Second thing, thats kinda creepy. Third thing, please get out of my bathroom." This guy was freaking me out.

"Right, sorry." He slid out of the room and closed the door behind. I heard him chuckle and murmur, "Just like her sister." Now he was really freaking me out. I didn't have a sister. I was born in Ireland and when I was one my family moved to Australia.

I dried myself off and dressed in the clothes I brought into the bathroom with me. When my hair was brushed and braided I opened the door and began the conversation that would change my life forever.