Chapter 23: Meeting Smaug

So with nothing else to do, but wait for Bilbo to return we all sat around and waited anxiously. A few minutes went by when I heard a familiar voice yelling my name, "Lily?" Rushing over I saw Lily take the last step up the stairs, "Lily? What are you doing here?!" Lily looked at me, "Did you really think I'd let you and Michelle have all the fun? Plus, I'm your best best friend and I'm NEVER leaving your side AGAIN!" Smiling I hugged her, "Thanks Lil. I'm glad you're here."

Lily walked into Erebor with me and gasped, "Wow... It's so beautiful here." Thorin smiled, "Well, I guess since you and Fili are going to get married... This is going to be your home too." Lily grinned, "Oh heck yeah!" Lily got quiet all of a sudden then she gasped, "Morgan... Where's Bilbo?" I looked at her and sighed, "Lily... He went into the throne room to try and find the Arkenstone."  Lily's eyes got wide, "What?!? By himself!?! ARE YOU CRAZY!? I'M going in after him!" I reached for her, but she got away and was down in the throne room before I could so much as blink an eye.

So, now I was extra anxious since my best friend, who has two babies, is down there with a fucking dragon. Thorin saw my face and rushed forward, "Morgan? Calm down.. Deep breaths she will be fine. We are right here if she shall need us." I glare at him, "You don't know her like I do. It doesn't matter how quiet is tries to be... She can't be quiet! She could wake the dragon and be eaten by him!" In an effort to get to her quickly I started shoving them out of my way, finally getting past everyone I took off in a run, getting to the throne room I saw Lily, and just like I said, she was being very loud.

She was throwing gold everywhere in an effort to find the Arkenstone, stomping her feet causing a lot of noise. Popping my head through the doorway I whisper yelled, "Lily!! Stop it you are going to wake the dragon!!!" She stopped suddenly whisper yelling, "Nah uh!!! I'm not making THAT much noise!" I glared at her, "Lily Beth Flaugher you are so making a lot of noise." She looked over at me and smirked, then she proceeded to kick a pile of gold making a lot of noise. Having enough of her crap I jumped down, also making a lot of noise, and ran to her grabbing her arm I whispered, "Lily... You were making a lot of noise and oh god-" I stopped talking when I saw Smaug rising out of the gold. I stumbled backwards before I took Lily's arm and ran under a bridge.

Putting my finger to my lips, trying to tell her to be quiet. Lily understood  and was as quiet as a mouse. Then I remembered that Bilbo was also in here and cursed, looking at Lily I whispered, "Stay here. Please this once listen to me and stay here. I'm going to get Bilbo and I'll be right back." Lily said nothing but nodded her head in understanding. Taking a deep breath I walked out to my death. As I walked out from under my hiding spot I saw Bilbo and Smaug having a conversation. He was calling him all kinds of nice names then he'd call himself some weird names. I walked forward aware of the noise I was making, causing Smaug to turn around and growl, "Who. Are. You?" Gulping I stood there quiet, Bilbo looked at me, then the ground at some sparkly stone. Quickly he grabbed it and took off running leaving me standing there with the menacing dragon. Smaug laughed darkly and squinted his eyes, "You never answered my question. Who are you?"

I sighed, no way around this, "My name is Morgan." Smaug smiled evilly, "Hello Morgan.. I suggest you run, for I now realize the barrel-ridder has taken the Arkenstone." With wide eyes I realized he was going to breathe fire on me. "LILY RUN!", I screamed as I took off in the direction Bilbo ran to, I heard Lily let a scream as fire came rolling right past me missing me by an inch. Looking back I saw Lily right behind me panicked. I turned a corner fast grabbing Lily as she ran past, "Shhh." I panted. Hoping maybe he wouldn't smell us, maybe we could make it. Smaug came barreling by not even stopping to see if we were here.

So when the coast was clear Lily and I took off in a dead sprint back to where the company was. When we got there Thorin was acting strange and was going to make Bilbo go back in there, I came forward, "Thorin... Smaug is awake and he almost killed me... You are not making Bilbo go back in there at all." Throin glared at me, "Better if you had been killed.. That way I didn't have to be bothered with you." With that he shoved me backwards making me fall on my face, I got a sharp pain in my stomach but chose to ignore it and sit there on the ground. Balin rushed over to me, "Lass are you alright?" I smiled, " Yes Balin... I'm fine."

This Thorin is NOT my Thorin...What happened to him?