Chapter 1: Innocent Questions

"Mum when will I have a sibling of my own ? Even my friend Annie has a little sister and she stays with her all day. I too want someone to play with" said two and half years old Cathy to her mother. Cathy wore a pink and orange color floral frock. The curls of her hair falling on her tiny cute face. In one hand she held a doll and with the other she held her mother's hand, as they go on a walk to the nearby park.

Cathy's mother smiled at the innocence of Cathy and she stopped and knelt down infront of her daugter and kissed her on the cheek and said, "Very soon dear. Tomorrow I'll be going to doctor aunty for the routine check up and she will tell me how many more days left for your sibling to arrive".

Cathy hugged her mother in excitement "yayee!!!!!!" she jumped up and down in happiness.

Seeing this the passing walkers smiled at Cathy and then at her mother.

Cathy's mother, Lisa, was six month's pregnant. She was working as a teacher in a Primary School at the capital city of India, New Delhi. She got married at a very young age of 21 years to an Air Force officer, George. Together they made a beautiful and happy couple . Two years after their marriage, they had Cathy, their first child. All of them lived as one happy family.

"Mum !" Cathy called her mother from one of the swings in the park.

Lisa kept the book which she was reading, aside and walked up to her daughter with a smile.

"Yes darling ! Whats the matter?" asked Lisa.

Cathy looked at her mother with innocent eyes, "Mum can you help me get down ? This swing is too high to jump down from" said Cathy pouting her lips cutely.

Lisa shook her head and smiled at her daughter's cuteness, "Yes sure baby" she said to Cathy and helped her get down of the swing. "And now we should head back home as its getting dark." said Lisa.

After getting back home, Cathy went to her room to play with her dolls and Lisa after freshening up went to the kitchen to prepare dinner before George's return from the office.

The doorbell rang and Lisa went to open the door "Hey ! You're back early !" she smiled at George who stood at the door holding his briefcase.

George smiled back at Lisa and put down his briefcase and hugged jis wife," Hi ! How're you ? Ya today I broke off early as all the work scheduled for today had finished."

"Hello Dady!!!!!" shouted Cathy happily at seeing her dad back at home.

"Hello my lil princess" said George hugging her daughter.

"Cathy let daddy freshen up and you too go wash your hands as the dinner is ready" said Lisa smiling at seeing the father daughter love.

Cathy obeyed her mother and ran inside.

After the dinner Lisa went to Cathy's room to make her bed and made her go to sleep by telling her a story and patting her on the back. "And then they lived happily ever after !" said Lisa ending her story as she saw Cathy sleeping cutely cuddled with her teddy.

While going back to her room, Lisa thought about tomorrow's appointment with her doctor, as tomorrow was her routine check up and ultrasound, after which she'll come to know if Cathy's going to have a brother or a sister. She smiled at the thought and quietly entered the room and went off to sleep.

-----------------------------------------------------

Hi guys !

Well that was my first chapter. Hope you all liked it.

Any guesses on what would the ultrasound result be ?? Will it be a baby boy or a baby girl ??

Keep reading to find out more. :)

*Fan.. Vote.. Comment..*