Dancing His Way Into My Heart (Hoshi)

For my one and only idol buddy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I looked outside and I saw it was dark. Time. I stopped paying attention ages ago. All I know is that it is was past midnight as I took a break from learning the routine.

The essence of time...you know the thing that keeps our lives going...never stopping, slowing down, going back. That was probably what I wanted most...to go back and pretend I wasn't where I was now. Don't get me wrong I was thankful to be a trainee but it was too much stress.

Looking back I had no desire to be an idol back then, I only auditioned because my friend Soonyoung said it would be fun. We had a deal we audition if we both get in we stay, but if only one of us were to get in then we reject the offer. We both passed and spent the last few years training to be in an idol group.

My job was the lead dancer/main rapper I had to control the stage presence make sure the other members keep up their energy and stamina to put on a good show. I was the youngest member of the group but I still had a big responsibility, I was in charge of creating choreography every now and then and it often took a toll on me. Stressed wasn't even the word to describe my current state.

The routine I was currently learning wasn't my own choreo but it was really good and upbeat. It was something I would normally jump at the chance to do and would often get the hang of it really easily. But for some reason I felt off, I had no idea why my unnies did but they wouldn't tell me. All they said was that it was a love distraction if that even makes sense. I mean I don't have a boyfriend I don't even have a love interest but according to them I did.

I stared outside a little bit more and I saw the Seventeen boys making their way past, I quickly turned my head away and stared at the floor hoping they would pass by quickly. But to my dismay they didn't instead I was scared when I heard the loud knock that came from the window. Turning my head I saw the boys waving and I half heartedly smiled and waved back at them. I saw all except one Hoshi. My best friend in the entire world, we grew up together, our families were close and he was only 5 months older than me. I'd be lying if I said he wasn't good looking in fact once upon a time many years ago I used to have a crush on him but that was long gone...I think. No it was definitely gone.

We used to joke around a lot when he was a trainee in the practise room and dance together a lot too but things changed especially within the last few months before he debuted and we barely saw each other now he's an idol and we haven't spent time together at all. The most was a 'hi', 'how are you?' and then 'bye' on text.

I watched them all pass then I stood up to continue practising my routine, I walked over to the stereo and hit play I then got into position and started counting the beats until I started to dance. I put my all into the routine but I still felt like I wasn't good enough. The concept of the dance was sexy but at the same time it was hip hop and energetic. I felt like I had nailed all the hip hop type moves but when it came to the sexy parts I lacked. Even though my bandmates said I looked the best I didn't think so.

The routine ended and I collapsed on to the floor. Heaving out a big sigh I put myself in a trance and didn't notice someone else in the room until their clapping scared me out and I jumped at least a foot in the air which was surprising as I was sitting.

I turned around and saw none other than Kwon Soonyoung staring at me. He stopped clapping and was now just staring at me. It looked kinda creepy but at the same time kinda cute he looked like a lost puppy to put it straight.

"OMO! Kwon Soonyoung you scared me!!" I said with my hand on my heart. I looked at him and saw him snap out of his daze and a smile appeared on his face he walked towards me and without warning grabbed my hand and engulfed me into a hug...a familiar hug that I gladly returned. I don't know how long we spent hugging but it definitely wasn't long enough but when we pulled away he sat on the floor and he motioned for me to sit with him.