Chapter 5

The next day in school I saw Mikey at his locker again. I know I should see him everyday his locker is right next to me. James walked over and Mikey looked over at us.

"James can I talk to you in private, like in the bathroom."

"Uh sure Mikey. I guess." I wonder what they are going to talk about. Are they going to become friends again? What if James goes to Mikey and he just drops me as a friend? I don't want that to happen, but I can't tell him what to do. I just have to hope for the best.

"So James I just wanted to say I'm sorry. I'm sorry for totally turning my back on you. If you don't want to be my friend I completely understand. To be honest my friends have been really annoying lately. They just think they're better than everyone and that's not the way I feel."

"Thanks Mikey I appreciate your apology."

"Yeah so maybe we can chill one day."

"Yeah maybe."

"I'll see you later."

"Okay bye."

Mikey walked out of the bathroom. I was wondering when James was going to come out of there. He was taking a couple minutes. He eventually came out and I immdiately asked him what they talked about. James explained the whole thing to me and it wasn't really that big of a deal. Mikey was just being a good person apologizing to him. Mikey has earned my respect back even though he could probably care less about what I think about him.

After school James and I went to my house because he really wanted to see what my room was like. It was a bit weird, but since we were going to be friends I guess we should know and see these things about one another. My room is not the coolest room an average 14 year old could have. It is a little small, but it serves its purpose. I have a nice big bed in there that can fit two people. I have a normal tv in my room. It is almost like James' tv but its a little smaller. I have an Xbox 360 in my room but I don't think mine gets touched as much as the one in James' room.

We got upstairs and I was about to open my door for James to see my room. I was a little nervous because I have never had someone besides my parents see my room. I never had anyone over the house to see it. This kind of takes me back to the first time I opened a door to see James. My legs were shaking, I was quivering so much I just felt so nervous for some reason.

I opened the door. James didn't say anything but one word.

"Awesome." I was in a bit of shock. I wonder what he liked about my room. His room was way better than mine. My room is plain and a bit dreary looking. There is not much in the room that brightens it up. Even the walls are grey which made it more dark. The only thing I enjoy the most is my All Time Low poster because they are probably my favorite band.

"You actually like my room James?"

"Yeah bro its cool." I chuckled a little bit.

"Sorry I don't mean to laugh, but what is so special about it? I feel like my room is so boring."

"Your room describes who you truly are. I have known you for 10 years ever since kindergarten and I would've never knew you were into this kind of music or you were into the same video games as me. I'm glad I am starting to get to know you a little better."

"Thanks James, that's really nice of you."

 "Of course bro what are friends for. Just one question, who is All Time Low?"

"Huh?"

"All Time Low? You have a poster of them on your wall."

"Oh right. Sorry I just blanked for a second. They are an awesome band that I listen to. You want to hear some of their stuff?"