Girlfriend and Boyfriend?

~Recap~

The door then swung open.

"What the hell!" Beau and Jai yelled in unison.

------------------------

~Mari~

I pushed Luke off of me to try and hide the fact that we were kissing but they already saw.

"So you two don't hate each other?" Beau asked smirking. I looked over to Luke. He stared back at me. He was speechless. I looked down at our hands. They were intertwined.

"Well, are you two gonna answer the question?" Jai asked.

"Its complicated." I answered looking away from Luke and at the ground. The ground was the only thing I could look at. All eyes were on me.

I felt Luke's grip on my hand loosen. His hand was no longer intertwined with mine. Was he nervous? Did he not want anyone to know about our friendship? Was he ashamed of the fact that he was my friend? Or maybe more?

I pulled the covers off of my body and ran out of the room. I ran downstairs. My name was called but I didn't answer. I just ran. I ran out of the house and down the street. I didn't care where I was going I just wanted to get away from there. 

Why did Luke not stick up for us? Does he not like me? Why do I like him? Why? Why? Why?

~Luke~

I'm so stupid for just sitting there. Everything was perfect. I had her. She had me. All I wanted to do was kiss her forever. Our plan to get caught worked, but we forgot all about the plan. I ran behind her calling her name but she didn't dare turn around. She just ran.

"Mari! Wait! Mari!" I yelled after her. She just kept running.

"Mari, its Luke! Please!" She stopped dead in her tracks. She turned around and saw me.

Her eyes were watery. She looked like she could burst into tears. She didn't move. She just stood there with tears in her eyes. Not one tear came out. She told me in an earlier conversation that she hated crying. It showed weakness. She kept her tears in place.

But then I saw it. A tear slid down her cheek. It wet her skin as the salty liquid slid down the her red stained cheek. She looked at me with a heartbroken look. She looked as if I had broken her heart twice as bad as Jamie did.

"Luke what am I to you?" She asked. I knew exactly what she meant when she asked that question. I never thought she would ask me this. I didn't know what she was to me. Really she was my friend but I wanted her to be more and by her face I could tell she wanted more too.

"I don't know Mari. Since day one I've thought you were beautiful. Then I realized I liked you. I kissed you to test my feelings for you but I still didn't understand it. Then I saw you with Jamie and I got jealous. I realized I liked you and I still do Mari. I want you to be with me."

She stood there processing everything I just told her. She looked at me with red eyes. They were still watery. Another single tear fell. Her face was red. After she thought about it she stepped forward breaking the gap between us. It wasn't too soon before her lips brushed against mine.

I kissed back. She rested her arms on my neck and I wrapped my hands around her waist. I begged for entrance and she accepted. She smiled into the kiss making me smile. I just wanted to stay right there with her forever.

We finally broke the kiss more out of breath than before. We kept our position. I kissed each of her cheeks, kissing the tears away.

"So what am I to you now?" She asked.