Chapter (2)

I look down at the note paper and take in every number that has been written down in Luke's handwriting. It's five past seven. I take a deep breath and start to dial. I sighed but hung up as I needed to know what happened to Cam. I know I was meant to call Luke but Cam was my best friend and Luke was someone I just met. Plus, I had to make sure she was okay.

I dialled her number but it went to voicemail which made me worry. I left her a message telling her to call me when she's free and then called Luke, I was surprised when he picked up almost immediately.

"Is this Tori?" He said with a fast pace.
Making me worry a bit

"Yeah wh-"

"I'm coming over, something's happened" as he said that, it made me worry even more thinking about Cam, but truly it could be anyone. Luke was one of the popular guys in school he knows basically everyone, which took away one percent of my worries.

•••••••••••••••••••••••

As Luke's headlights beamed through my house curtains, I stand up and make my way to the door, unlocking it with a click. Before I could take another breath, in bursts Luke.

"F.uck Tori" he stutters.

I throw my arm around his shoulders to try comfort him. "Luke take a deep breath, do you need water?" He quickly nods and I move over to the kitchen before taking out a jug of cold water quickly pouring it in a crystal glass, I then hand him the glass and he almost downs it in one. "Luke, slow down, jesus" he drinks all the water and hands me the glass, then plops himself on the couch stretching out his lanky body.

"Tori your friend... Cam"

As soon as those words left his mouth my heart dropped dramatically as if it was sitting on the bottom of my stomach. "She had too many, she's in hospital.." Tears were filling my eyes and everything was a blur. "W-what do you mean?" I ask even though I knew exactly what he meant. "Tori.. She's overdosed" I could hear the sadness in his voice.

"How many did she have?" I managed to blurt out.

"Calum said the doctors calculated 10"

I started crying full on and Luke embraced me in a warm hug to comfort me. "I need to go see her"
I say standing up but not doing anything over all the shock I was in.
"Okay, let's go." Luke says putting his arm over my limp shoulders.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I clutched Cams hand in mine as my tears fell and dampened the white sheets. "Oh god Cam wake up" I pleaded. I felt a large hand over my shoulder observing it was Luke. "Luke... How did you know Cam and I are close?" I ask confused. "Well. When I was walking up to you guys with the invite, you were hugging. And I know Cam because she's my cousin" he says rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly.

LUKE AND CAM ARE COUSINS?

"What the actual?" I say even more confused. "Why do you guys never talk?" I ask "Well... Her dad and my dad never got along. When I was seven and she was six. My dad killed her dad. And then abandoned us all. She doesn't like me that much but she can put up with me." He says sighing. "Oh thats Sh.it" I say and he nods in agreement.

After a short while of waiting helplessly, we are all panicked as the machine lets out a death revealing long beep I feel as if a whole chunk of my heart has been ripped out brutally as Doctors come rushing in, I try getting up to help Cam but I then feel dizzy and collapse to the floor. Luke rushing over to my side being that last thing I picture before seeing nothing but my favourite colour. Black.

--A/N--

Heyoo

So yah. This is my 3rd book lmao aha but I find it better than the others and have the whole story line set out ready, I really wish for this book to get views because that would be a dream of mine haha. So please help! D:

Thanks for reading Ilysm

- Caitlin