02

02 - Edited

POV Alex

I couldn't believe this is how I would meet my mate. See I was visiting my cousin with my younger sister Ella.

Ella ha to go to everywhere she was told not to so of course she goes to the cages. But to see my mate as pretty as an angle chained with blood soaked wrist, was something I wasn't expecting.

Carrying her up the stairs I went in search for my cousin, Ella following quickly behind.

Looking down I found my beautiful mate asleep in my arms and it please me to know that she felt safe around me.

"Alex can she not speak or choose not to?" Ella asked looking at my mate in wonder

"I believe her choices not to. I do not know why but don't worry" I replied

"But how will she be able to be Alpha queen without speaking?" She asked again. I thought for a moment before I answered.

"I don't know but we will figure something out."

As we turned the conner I spotted my cousin. He looked shocked at first, but that soon died down when he asked

"Why do you have a prisoner?" my cousin and I were like brothers he had light blonde hair and dull green eyes.

"My mate" was all I said, again he looked shocked and then scared. True he did look my mate up but he didn't know she was my mate. So that I can forgive

"Oh, so are you going to take her with you?" he asked referring to when I leave to go back home.

"Yes" all of a sudden the beauty in my arms griped my biceps as she bearded her head into my chest. After a few minutes her grip relaxed as she fell back asleep

"What happened?" Ella asked

"Nightmare. She's fine now" I hoped. My cousin looked at her with concern before saying

"I did some background checking, her names Alisa Vine." I froze on the spot. Not breathing as I stared down. It can't be true.

Breath. Just breath I thought to myself. Then the thought hit me again

My mate was the last Russian princesses. Great granddaughter of princesses Anastasia.

See the Russian line were hunted down because they were so powerful, no one believed it was true when they said the youngest princesses escaped and changed her last name to Vine.

They told children as a bed time story. It's said that one day that the granddaughter of the princesses will rise up with two pitch black piercing wing to stop the darkness. I do not know what the darkness was after all it was just a story.

I hoped I thought as I stared longley at my mate hoping that she would not be put in danger.