prolouge

it was a normal day in college for a new semester. everyone was busy with their own schedule and assignments to finish. overall, it wasn't such a bad day for seoyon. the day went smoothly for her, and on top of that she gets to meet her crush again. 

after her class was done, she walked to the stadium and peeked inside. she thought he would be there since normally at this time around, her crush would play basketball with his friends; and she was right. she stood there, staring while admiring how hot he is.

his sweat trickled down on his sunkissed tan skin, from his forehead, down to chin and then to his neck. he pushed back his fringe, showing his powerful glowing forehead. his strong eyebrows furrowed, his eyes glaring at his opponent. he was clad in jersey and shorts, hence you could see his toned muscle on his forearms and his thick muscular thigh. when he made a goal, he ran back to his team with a huge smile on his face and celebrated. A wholesome daddy and cutie at the same time.

while she was distracted in her little world, she got dragged away from the door. 

"hey! what gives?" 

she was ready with her fist swinging to whoever rudely interrupted her, but as soon as she looked behind, she stopped herself and laughed sheepishly. her dear friend, daemi shook her head in disappointment, crossing her arm on her chest.

"honey, if you want to stare at your sugar boo, you need to go inside and sit on the bleachers. you look like a creep standing here and staring. i'll stop becoming your friend if i ever heard rumors of you being a creep,"

"wow. you're so shallow. hearing this from my childhood bestfriend really hurts me. ouch." she sniffed, wiping her nonexistent tear from her eyes. daemi giggled.

"just kidding! but seriously though...stop that"

"yah i'm sorry. anyway, let's go and grab some lunch."

"sure!"

both of them wrapped their arms around each other and skipped their way. after grabbing some food to fill their stomach, they sat on the bench outside the cafeteria and began to eat their lunch. seoyeon gulped down hard before she starts to speak.

"you know, i've been thinking... maybe i'm going to confess to him" she murmured at the end. daemi coughed and almost choked on her food. she settled herself before she celebrated for her friend. she squealed.

"oh my god seoyon, that's great! finally, after god who knows how long you actually going to confess- i hope you won't turn back this time," her face fell into deadpan as she faced her. seoyon chuckled. she then reached into her pocket and showed daemi an envelop with a heart sticker on the middle.

"well, i'm planning to just give a love letter. it's better than face to face,"

daemi squinted her eyes at her, stroking her chin in wary. her lips curled into a mischievous smirk. she leaned forward and grabbed it from seoyon's hand.

"hey-"

"don't worry, i just want to see it!"

"you little piece of shi-"

seoyon tried to fight back and regain her love letter, but to no avail, her friend was strong enough to hold her back. daemi blew raspberry to her and sang "i got your letter" repeatedly in a childish tone. she carefully opened it and took out the letter to read. suddenly, a strong gush of wind blew in their direction. daemi lost her grip on the letter and it flew away from her hand. they both watched it in horror.

seoyon jumped off from the bench and ran towards the letter. unfortunately, the letter gradually getting far away from her and seoyon has lost her energy. she stopped in the midst of her chase to catch some breaths. running after eating probably wasn't a good idea.

the letter had passed through the gate and had landed on another stranger. it covered his face and made a small cut on his cheek. he yelped in pain. he took the paper away from his face, cursing under his breath. he intended to throw it away, but his eye caught something interesting and decided to keep it to himself, or maybe give it back to the rightful owner for the sake of doing the right thing. 

he looked over the gate and saw a girl panting heavily. she bowed down and held onto knees. when she looked up, their eyes locked with each other for a few moment.

­it must be hers. 

he would've given it to her, but he didn't want to trespass and his break was almost over. he put it in his sling bag and jogged to his university. for some reason, he was familiar with this girl.

a/n: I have good news and bad news.

good news: I've prepared another 2 chapters so I might update more fast, just need more proofread and edit here and there

bad news: each chapters are very short :') I want to make it long but I take a lot of time to think and rethink the whole scene and I also procrastinate a lot. hence, making shorter chapter will help me update fast huehue sorry ;-;