Chapter 2

Picture of Andrew ^^^

Sunday Morning

It's about 10:30am and I'm just casually scrolling through Instagram, liking pictures and puffing out a harder breath through my nose every time I see something funny.

As I kept scrolling through Instagram, I got a text from Becca.

Becca: Andrew is outside on his front lawn playing with the dog. Come outside!

Me: Be there in 10.

I quickly jumped out of bed and skipped to my closet to get dressed. Because it was summer, I put on white, high-waisted shorts, a blue crop top and my navy blue Converse. I then walked to the bathroom and brushed my teeth and hair. I applied a little concealer, some eyeliner and mascara for makeup. Once I was happy with my appearance, I walked down the stairs and went out the front door. I checked my phone, "10:38, it took me 8 minutes to get ready?" I thought. I shrugged and walked over my lawn onto Andrew's where I found him, his puppy Hope, and Becca sitting on his grass.

"Hey guys!" I said as I sat beside Becca.

"Hey, we were just about to play 21 questions, wanna play?" Andrew asked me.

I look over at Becca who is nodding her head frantically up and down. "Sure, sounds fun." I answer.

"I'll go first!" shouted Becca. "Andrew, where did you come from?"

"I came from Texas, actually. Born and raised there, but now we live here in Canada."

I thought it was cool that he was from Texas and had no form of a Southern accent. But I also found it strange because he said he lived there his whole life.

"Wow, I love Texas! So many cowboys!" Becca said excitedly. I stared at her, giving her a 'did you really just say that?' look.

"Yeah....so Lisa, do you have any pets?"

"I do, actually. I have a beautiful bulldog named Brooklyn inside. I love her so much." I said, thinking now of my dog. Brooklyn is my cookie! She's so cuddly and she is my favourite!

"Awh, bulldogs are such cute dogs. Maybe one time she and Hope can play together."

"Yeah, that's a great id-"

"I have a dog, too! Her name is Bailey and she's a Schnoodle!" Becca yelled.

"Yeah she's really cute." I said to break the new awkward tension. "So Rebecca, have you ever lied to me?"

"...do you want me to lie or tell the truth?" Becca said cautiously.

"Well, this is 21 questions." Andrew chimed in.

"Okay, fine. Yes, Lisa, I have lied you before. In the 6 years you've lived here, I have most definitely lied to you at least ten times"

I sat there, shocked at first, but then quickly got over it since I had done the exact same thing.

"So Andrew, how old are you?" Becca asked, extremely energetically.

"I'm 18. I just graduated high school this June." Andrew said with a frown.

"Why are you sad about that?" I said with concern in my voice. Even though we just met the guy yesterday, I couldn't help but worry about the tone in his voice.

"It's nothing, I'm just going to miss it. Since I'm not going off to college anytime soon."

So that's why he's sad, he doesn't have anything to do after high school. I thought.