Prologue

I jumped right into the mess of pillows, sheet and duvet, all tangled together; Arianna never opted for tidiness. Yet today, I was unconcerned. A strange sense of a mischievous euphoria was circulating alongwith my flow of blood. He had made me promise to answer the phone-call today. After much reluctance proceeded by a tiny arguement, a bout of cajolation and eventually giving into his adamant request; here I awaited his phone-call, tossing the Samsung Y-Duos in my palms. Every now and then a silent laughter would escape my lips that were smeared with translucent lip-gloss and I would bury my face into a pillow; I was in that stage of excitement, the phase of a female that made her react with all the symptoms of a typical girl; the giggles, the flirtation, the hard-die attitude to be willing to sacrifice anything and just about everything to please and be with her lover; definitely, for I had lost my senses and level of sanity when my mind was clouded with his thoughts. In a distance, Taylor Swift's Love Story lyrics were echoing through the house. Frankie had just returned from Australia and it was without doubt that he was locked up in his room. I knew him better, he wanted Mom to think otherwise while he carried out his prank-calls to various girls. By twilight, he would succeed with one and have his way with her. It was his daily routine. Jerk, I silently cussed. Nevertheless, I sang to the tune, dreaming of a love story forming between Zach and I. Without acknowledging it, I fell asleep.