Magnet

The sky is already waking up. Yellow starts to prevail over black as the sun rises. But Francine is earlier. She is already on her way to school.

She let the morning breeze touch her soft cheeks. Francine was about to reach her classroom when she saw Konnor. She stopped walking but he didn't. Not a single word can be heard from one of them. No one bothered to greet.

"Boo!"

Her best friend Julianna started laughing after seeing her priceless reaction.

"You're daydreaming again about him, huh? She said. "You know, when I startled you, that was the mist priceless reaction I've seen. So epic". She added then started laughing again.

Francine sighed. "You know, nothing will change if I stop daydreaming about us. He will still be mad."

-------0-------0-------0--------0

The classes started. She was solving the math problem when she threw a glance at Konnor. Unfortunately, he glance too. Their eyes met. Francine felt a small voltage of electricity tickling her.

Now, it was not just a glance. Both are staring at each other. "Francie!" Julianna called. Then their stares were cut. Francine came back to her senses.

-------0--------0-------0------0----0

"Hey. I saw what happened back there." Julianna said while chewing her burger. Francine glared at her. "Hey guys, do you already have materials for the activity in science later?" asked Louise.

"The magnets, yep." Julianna replied, popping the letter p. "Francine and Konnor's eyes were magnets earlier. Ow!"

"Woah. Wait a minute, should I know something?"

"No-" "Francie and Konny stared at each other. And when I say stare-" "Shut up!" Francine cut off.

"Awe. Opposites do attract." Louise said. "Not really. If I that was true, then Konnor and I should be happy together by now."

"Hey. We're opposite but still best friends. What am I to you, a potato?" Julianna asked.

"Yes dear. A gorgeous potato."

"Fair enough." Then they laughed.

Somebody entered the cafeteria that made them stop laughing. It was Konnor. He is with his new best friend, Richard.

Francine noticed the smile on Konnor's lips. It's been a while since she saw him that happy. The last time was 2 years ago. Or so she thought. Maybe he was still good without her.

----------0------------0----------0

Francine decided to put her earphones and listen to the music in her phone instead of taking lunch. She knows that Julianna will get mad at her for that but right now, she doesn't care.

As she enjoys listening, a boy entered the room. He poked her to get her attention.

"Francine, can we talk." She heard a familiar voice. A voice that made her happy and painful memories flashback. A voice owned by the one who broke her heart.

She put off her earplugs the said "We are talking."

"Will you please listen first?" He pleaded.

"Why? Did you listen to me two years ago? What do you want to hear? My apology for loving you?"

"Look. I'm so sorry for hurting you. I know that my apology can't take away the pain I brought you but-"

"Oh, you know? Good for you."

He sighed before continuing. "I am really sorry for wasting our friendship. I j-just don't know how I will react. I'm really sorry. I really am."

"So you decided to hurt my feelings?" They stopped for a while. Tears are crawling in her eyes. Konnor wiped them with his hands. He caressed her cheeks then continued.

"I want to explain myself. I'm not mad at you. I want to repay your love. I want to love you. But I can't. And I'm mad at myself for that."

Francine stopped crying. "Why can't you give me a chance? Do you have somebody else in your heart?" Francine asked bluntly.

Her heart was palpitating. She was hoping that no one was occupying his heart. But she didn't know what to feel when he answered.

"It's Richard."

******************************

Plot twist is so plot twist. ;D

Thank you for reading! Sorry if lame. I'm open for criticism

Next story: Choco Kisses