Prompt 3: Transformation

"Luce, I'm bored!" Natsu whined. "Hmm" Lucy murmured softly, barely glancing at him as she turned the page of her new book, her eyes scanning the pages greedily. Natsu pouted; annoyed that she wasn't paying attention to him. He rested his face on his arms and sighed. He drummed his fingers against the wooden surface of the table impatiently, watching her.

"I want to go on a mission" he stated, watching as she nodded slightly, still engrossed in her book. Taking that as a yes, Natsu bolted from the table and raced to the mission board. He was scanning the board for a good mission, when he saw a request with strange writing on the front. He plucked it off the mission board and brought it back; he figured Lucy probably knew what it meant.

"Hey Luce, look at this one" he said holding it in front of her. She batted it away, completely ignoring him as she kept reading. Natsu growled in frustration and sat back down beside her, studying the sheet. The looked at the strange words, and then he said the out loud. Just as he finished there was a huge bang, and he was enveloped in a cloud of white smoke.

Lucy dropped her book in shock, turning to look at where her partner was sitting. The smoke cleared, revealing a pile of clothes. Natsu was gone. "What's going on?" Erza asked, as she walked up to the table. Most of the guild had now crowded around, attracted by the loud bang. "I have no idea" Lucy replied. "Natsu was sitting right there and he..." she trailed off when she saw the mission sheet.

"...read this" she finished studying it. "Where did he go? Natsu!" she called out, standing up. There was a sudden bark from under the table. Lucy jumped in shock, and bent down to look. "Natsu?" she said. Sitting under the table, was a little pink puppy. It barked again, and then jumped into her arms. She looked at in shock. "Natsu?" she asked again. The puppy barked and rubbed its head against her arm.

"Natsu?" the guild exclaimed collectively, staring at the little puppy. "I think I know what happened" Levy said. She was staring at the mission sheet. "These words are a spell. When he read them out, Natsu activated it and he transformed into a puppy" "Who needs a spell to turn into a puppy?" Mira asked. "And why was it on a mission sheet?" Erza asked. Levy shrugged.

"More importantly, can you reverse it?" Lucy asked, as the puppy settled down in her arms. Levy nodded. "It'll take a few minutes but it should be easy enough" she said. "Keep an eye on him until I'm done" Lucy nodded. "Thanks Levy" she said. Lucy sat back down and placed the puppy on the table. He sat down and wagged his tail, panting happily. "I wonder if he can hear us?" Lucy thought aloud.

"You would think, that after what happened last time he read out strange words on a mission request, flame brain wouldn't be stupid enough to read that out. But this is Natsu we're talking about so, I guess it's to be expected" Gray said. The puppy instantly snarled, turning to Gray and barking. Lucy quickly stood up and scooped the puppy up, before he attacked Gray.

"Well, he defiantly doesn't like you" Mira said. The puppy curled up in Lucy's arms, panting happily again. "He does make and adorable puppy" Lissana said, picking him up. The puppy immediately started squirming, and barking. Lissana gave him back to Lucy, and he stopped, settling in her arms again. Lucy absent-mindedly scratched his ears, and he stretched out his neck to give her more access. "And he definitely seems to like Lucy the most" Mira said, her eyes lighting up as she went into match-maker mode.

"I've got it!" Levy exclaimed. She held up the mission sheet. Levy grabbed Natsu's clothes and took the puppy of Lucy. She headed into the kitchen, and a minute later she returned with a fully human Natsu. "What just happened?" he asked groggily, rubbing the back of his head. "We just experienced another example of your idiocy" Gray said. "What did you say, ice princess?" Natsu yelled, and the guild returned to its normal state of havoc.