Prompt 6: Glory Days

"So, what do you want to watch?" Lucy asked. She dumped several bowls of crisps and sweets onto the table and sat down beside her boyfriend. Natsu scrunched up his face – adorably, Lucy thought – as she looked through the film lacrimas. He puffed out a frustrated breath. "I have no idea" he said. "We've watched all of these"

Lucy leaned forward to examine the lacrimas. "There's bound to be something we haven't watched yet" she said. Her eye caught an unfamiliar name. Her hand shot out and picked the film lacrima up. "Glory Days" she read out. "We haven't watched this one" Natsu looked over her shoulder. "What's it about?" he asked, his breath hot on her neck.

"I think it's a romantic film" she said. Natsu groaned and flopped back against the seat. "Uh, they're always so boring. Can't we watch a horror movie instead?" Lucy rolled her eyes and turned it on. "No, because it's my turn to pick and I want to watch this" she said. Lucy shifted and curled up on Natsu's chest. "Besides, romantic movies are good for cuddling" she said. Natsu smiled at that and wrapped his arm around her. "Only because I love you"

•••

Lucy blew her nose as the credits rolled across the screen. Tears streamed down her face and she grabbed another tissue. "That was so sad" she hiccupped, sniffling. "Nah" Natsu said, but his voice was choked and tears were running down his face, just like Lucy. She handed him a tissue and they simultaneously blew their noses.

"It was a good love story though" Lucy said as she popped a crisp into her mouth. "I wonder if we have a love story like that" she wondered aloud. "God no" Natsu said instantly. Lucy turned to him in shock. "Their love story was about their 'Glory Days'" he said. "Glory Days means 'a time in the past regarded as being better than the present'"

Natsu slid an arm around Lucy and hugged her to his chest. "As long as I'm with you, I can't how it can become worse. As long as I'm with you, I know my life will only get better every day". Tears ran down Lucy's face, but now for a completely different reason. She threw her arms around Natsu's neck, knocking him over in the process, and kissed him harder than she ever had in her life. "I love you so much" she whispered. Natsu smiled lovingly as he wrapped his arms around her. "I love you more" he said softly, as he pressed his lips to hers in a heated kiss.