Chapter 2

"Couldn't you just... forget about it Lou? Just for now?" Harry squats next to me backstage.

"I can't stop thinking about it." I say dropping my head in my hands. "I feel sick. I can't go on."

"All those girls are here to see One Direction." Zayn overhears me. "You're part of it." I nod and stand up, but I can't help but think about that night.

**************

"And what is that supposed to mean?" I flop back on the duvet and Jenna sits next to me.

"I can just tell... I don't know." Jenna blushes and sits down next to me.

"Are you ready for school tomorrow?" I ask, changing the subject.

"Not really, I mean, I guess." She shrugs getting up and moving to the closet. "I don't even know what I'm going to wear!"

"You're such a girl," I smile, "but I'd recommend" I look at her outfit choice one more time, "not that."

"Gee, thanks Lou." She laughs, "This is just my saturday look." 

"Louis we're leaving!" My mother calls and I stand up. 

"I'll see you on the bus tomorrow?" I ask her and she nods. I back out of the room, closing the door behind me and rush toward the front door. My mother takes my arm and pulls me out the door and into the car. She doesn't say anything until we reach our house. 

"That was quite a distasteful evening." My mother slams the door behind us, "And a waste of a perfectly good blueberry pie."

"Jenna was nice." I reply, "Kind of weird though."

"Ugh," Mum groans, "just like her father." I shrug. "I don't want you going back over there, do you hear me Louis?" 

"Yes, Mum." I say, and I head upstairs to get ready for bed. 

*****

The alarm clock blares and I roll over in bed. 

Monday

I throw my duvet to the floor and stretch as I set my feet on the cold hardwood. I grab my jeans and tee-shirt from my desk and change my clothes, and then go into the bathroom to brush my teeth and comb my hair.

"The bus is here!" My mother calls from downstairs. With my toothbrush in hand I pull on my toms, fly down the stairs, grab an apple from the counter and race out the door. 

"Louis!" The girl on the corner of the street stops on the bus stairs and I run up to her.

"Hey Delilah." I smile at her. She smiles back and flips her long blonde hair. 

"Do you want to sit by me?" She flops her designer book bag into a seat. I look towards her pleading blue eyes. 

"I have to save a seat for a friend. She's new." I tell her. She frowns as I drop into an empty seat. The bus approaches Jenna's neighborhood and I sit in silence as she boards the bus. She plops down next to me, her dark hair swinging in it's ponytail. Delilah looks over with disgust in her eyes. 

"Hey, Jen." I greet her, pulling out my phone. 

"Hey Lou." She smiles at me. I look down at her fingernails, now painted bright orange. She lays them on her ripped jeans. Her brown boots match the flowing top she wears with ease. 

"Nervous?" I ask her. She shrugs. The bus pulls up at school and I follow her off. 

"I'm in Maccaby's homeroom. Who are you?" She pulls out her schedule. 

"I'm in Maccoby's too. What do you have after?" I ask walking inside and shoving my bag in my locker.

"Art." She replies. 

"I have P.E." I tell her. "Come on, I'll show you the way to class." 

"