3. Run, run, run

EMILY

"What the..." Emily started yelling and she stood up angry.
It was a fly. A fly in her room. She was afraid at first. When she felt something behind her shoulder she was one hundred percent sure that she was here. She was ready to do her usual things like you know cut her in the half maybe? Or drive a car through her house and almost kill her mother? Just casual A things.

Bitch, she thought. She grabbed a book and as soon as she got the fly in a flat surface she crushed it.

"Emily is everything okay?" her mum, Mrs. Fields called.
"Everything's alright mum." Emily screamed back. I'm starting getting paranoid, she thought. She sat next to her open sackouvagiaz and took a deep breath. She had to concentrate only on one single thing: college. And yet she had already failed to keep her mind on it. She said goodbye to her friends only one hour ago, she was ready to say goodbye to her mum in less than four hours and she was ready to go to an unknown state alone with no friends and no experiences of how people were supposed to have fun. She had totally erased the word fun from her mind during her teenage years. It was an unknown term for her to hung out with people and dance without caring about texts from blocked IDs and psycho
stalkers/killers who wanted to hurt the people she loved. She closed her eyes in an attempt to calm down but she only made things worse. A blurry image popped in her head and she opened her eyes. Was that Maya? Did she just think of Maya? No tears Em, today you're breaking free, she reminded herself but soon she was sobbing. One more lost soul.

As she was packing the last clothes she moves towards the closet and took something out. She looked at the photo. Another tear wrinkled down her cheek. It was Aria's photo from the Dollhouse. She didn't know when, she didn't know how but she had managed to take it. One of A'S sick games was to lock her in a room and make her choose among her best friends. She was the one that had to choose which friend should suffer. A's instructions were clear: "Choose one or all will suffer." Emily didn't want any of them to have electroshock so she needed to pick one. And she did. She picked the tiny sweet emotional but always bold Aria Montgomery.

If only she had a fireplace she'd burn this photo that showed a tired and tortured naked Aria. But probably she should keep it forever, as a reminder that they got out, as a reminder that they were finally free. And as a reminder that she should always be a perfect friend to Aria.

Emily put this photo in her purse and left her room and her old life. She had to travel by car for about seven hours but she preferred it than going by plane. She wanted loneliness and her very own cup of tea or coffee.

She closed her eyes and she inhaled before kissing her mum and saying g goodbye. After she would run free and never look back.