In the Beginning

It all started back in college, my friend Will was into all the hacking stuff. He never had time to get out and hang out with us, but he was an awesome friend. But about halfway through the third college year, he changed. I went to class and he had looked like he hadn't slept in days. He was drinking coffee grasping to stay awake. I had walked over to him and asked if he'd slept.

¨I can't sleep, they may be watching, they could be anyone, maybe even you,¨

Those words never left my thoughts for days. He had also asked  me to join him at the coffee shop not too far from my house. I happily accepted, time with him is hard to come by. He said he wanted to discuss something he found going through his computer. Of course it would be the hacking. I still went however.

The conversation at the coffee shop wasn't very amusing. When I arrived, Will quickly turned my way and shuffled through his bag. He pulled out a bag with pills, and a brown folder case. I had thought he messed up again, I was right.

¨Listen John, I don't know how long I can talk. The other day, I was going through some leftover top secret reports from the government.  I found ou-¨

A car shrieks around and smashes into a semi-truck. Will is asked to the back by an employee for a phone call. He mouths, ¨I'm sorry, swallow the pills,¨in a very frightened way. This all happened within ten seconds. I glance out the window, there's a riot. People are going nuts over the car wreck, and I'm very worried about Will. Right after someone stands up, the man grabs a rock, and throws it at the coffee shop window.

I quickly stand up and rush to the back. Will is nowhere to be seen. I ask the workers where my friend is at. They look entirely confused. I describe what he looked like, still confused. I rush back as the riot grows larger, and grab the papers and pills. I walk through the door, and hope not to get caught up in the riot. Police have already arrived trying to keep people in an area. I see a cop on the ground, a blood wound on his head. He looks dead, but his eyes open and linger on me. I turn away and run to my car, unsure of what I had just seen.