The Journey Begins

I pack my backpack with the pills and papers, a few drinks and extra needed supplies. I step outside the apartment door and wish my old life the best. Everything has changed in a matter of 2 weeks. As I turn the corner to round the stairs, I notice on my watch, it's 12:39AM. I take another anti-wash pill. The pills awaken my senses and drive me forward. One foot after the other. I step outside into the cold night. I quickly rush to my car keeping my eyes keen on any sudden movements or random events. I get into my car.

I start the engine, and pull out. Another car starts directly opposite of me. The car revs its engine. I speed out and head down the street. The thought of my mother tempts me to turn around and check. I assure myself that she is probably alive and well. Or alive and beaten. I need to help them. The car pulls up on the side of mine, it's a woman. She has a gun, I duck down and the window aboves me shatters into hundreds of pieces lining my back. I swerve and hit the other car. I grab a book off the floor, pull out a lighter and light the book afire. I toss the book through the window and into the other car. The woman screams as her skin is torched, her car swerves and hits a 7-11 building. I pull up beside it and inspect the inside.

The woman seems to be dead. I doubt she's alive. I can't believe that worked, one less person to worry about. I reach into the seat and grab out the pistol, I remove the keys from the car and shove them in my pocket. The woman has stopped burning and is surely dead. I grip onto my sanity and think about what I just did. I may have to do this again soon. It was so easy to fight back, but the results hurt.

I get back into my car, and speed off down to the bar outside of town.