An Eye for an Eye

I'm stuck in thought. Did my mother really just... no. It's the brainwashing. I need to take the pills. Do I? Can the pills really stop that hard, and the effects of brainwash come back so smoothly? Was my mother really there?

I run to the counter and grab the pills, I swallow one. I glance out the window, and see no one. It was the brainwashing. I call my mother. The phone doesn't pick up. But I get called again. Unknown number, I know who it is.

¨Greetings to you Mr.Lake, do to your previous decisions, your mother was killed. Please, hand over the paper and pills. No more harm has to be done,¨ he says it so politely as if he doesn't care about what he just did.

¨I swear, if my mother really is dead. I will take out your little plans and kill all of you,¨ 

¨I can assure you, your mother isn't dead. But she is however in our hands now. She is marked as dead in the hospital records,¨

I hang up.

I glance out the window unsure of what to do. There's a man on the other side of the street in a black suit, black hat, black shoes, and a briefcase. His face is hidden under his hat. He makes his way towards the apartment building. He has to be part of the people that're doing test. I hear a knock on my door. I look through the hole, no one is there. I open up the door, there's just a bag of pills on the ground, marked anti-wash. I pick them up and examine them. I glance left and right down the hallway, no one is to be seen. There's ten pills in total. 

I doubt I can trust these. I think it's best if I keep these with me, but not to use them. The man hasn't shown up again, still very suspicious.

There's another knock on the door.

I peek through the hole once again, someones out there. The man with the suit. I grab a knife and open the door. The man isn't there. All I see is a piece of notebook paper folded. I look down the hallway, nothing. I pick up the paper. I unfold it and read the inside.

It's Lenny. Please help me. They get closer to finding me every day, and I'm afraid they'll get me too soon. I can't tell you where I'm at, because the Testers can see through your own eyes on a computer screen. So demented. The government has a different morality to the citizens compared to us, the brainwashed. Don't tell anyone what's happening. Don't lose your sanity.