First XC Meet

I hadn't even been to a meet before this one. And I'm not sure I could forget it either.
My beginning:
I got sleep, I drank water, I ate all the foods they said. I was ready. But I started the day with too much energy. I even wanted to do ladders. Ladders, I tell you. I was so thrilled in my independent team with only I because my school cannot pass anything through and have their own egos to fill. I was planning my own t-shirts and uniform and mascot. I also made these hashtags in all my wildness: #iteam #lonerforlife #budgetcuts #actually #NOBUDGET #justrunaway But I did have a lot of encouragement from Coach Zigs and she even made me an adorable sign and she was thinking of me while putting all of her attention on her kindergarteners.
My after conclusion:
The meet went WELL! I ran Varsity as a "freshy" and ended up getting sixth at North Central meet. I ran literally trough someone's backyard-like their house was right there. And there were hills in their field that felt more like MOUNTAINS. The NCA coach was very kind and compassionate to me about the race and how I was on my own. I made loads of friends from the Menominee team and they welcomed me to cross country with big sweaty hugs. There were some pretty cool people on that team. A few runners encourage each other and encourage me-while running-and I just think that's the BEST THING OF KINDNESS. Come to think of it, everyone was so sweet and helpful and cheering me on. The cross country community is full of good people who aren't afraid to be both kind and proud. TOGETHER. I know I could've ran better and it's easier to run to excuses but I can say I finished strong and hard and-like Zigs poster read-I ran FAST AND FEARLESS!

Let me tell you: I loved it and I'll be running these things for a while!!

(I still wish I had a team despite my full on confidence of staying alone for quite some time. The other teams were just so together and runners are a powerful group of people.)