chapter 17 - Tears Don't Fall

A/N: I know shame on me! I haven't uploaded in over a month! I'm really sorry I'm going to upload this story more often. But I have a surprise at the end of the story. It's also not very long...I may go back and add more detail. I just wanted to get this uploaded.

Please, enjoy.

_______________________________________________________________________

Tears Don't Fall

Alessa's POV

Without another hesitation I shifted into my wolf before Jase and crept closer to him snarling with a venemous gleem in my eyes. As if getting the message Jase shifted as well. His eyes didn't hold the murderous glares as mine did but it had held-something else. Once he shifted we began to circle around never breaking each other's gaze. 'Come back to me Damien. Why did you have to go?' I said mentally as if hoping he would say something back into my thoughts but I heard nothing but my snarls and paws hitting the ground.

I had enough of this circling business, it's time to-

"Stop!" A familiar voice said from afar.

Both Jase and I snapped our attention to where the voice came from. Liana? What is she doing here?

"Alessa! What are you doing?" She cried running towards me in her human form. I shifted back to my human form at that moment (my clothes still intact) and she embraces me.  "You looked as if your both about to kill each other!"

"Then you guessed right." I said sounding bitter my eyes then locked back onto Jase's who was now in his human form.

"B-but why?!" Liana demanded. My eyes wondered back to Liana who was still holding onto me ever-so tightly.

"Li, maybe I should introduce to you," I pointed to Jase. "My ex-mate."

Liana's eyes bugged out and she turned pale by my words.

Liana's POV

Her mate? Ex? I had no idea that she even had a mate! Let alone Jase being that very person! None of this is making sense to me. I really thought Alessa was my mate. I remeber the first time I saw her my heart started to pound and my wolf called out to her. But hers never called out to me which was really odd.

When you find your mate both of your inner wolves call out to each other. But for only one wolf to call out to the other (what you would call a one sided love) is nearly, if not impossible. At that moment when Alessa said Jase was her mate I wanted to rip his head off!

But...

I turn towards Jase my eyes for the first time bore into his and my heart began to race. I had this pull towards him that I couldn't explain. "Mate!" my wolf growled in posessiveness.

Wait what!? Alessa is my mate! I'm so confused what is wrong with me?

I couldn't break my gaze on him. For the first time I really saw how-handsome he was. I wanted to smile with joy but it turned to a frown when I realized he already has his mate.

Alessa.

Hate and love swam through me towards her. I love her but loathe her at the same time.

I have to settle this! The confusion is messing with my head and I'm starting to scare myself. Maybe if i just-

I break my gaze from Jase and look into Alessa's eyes. Without thinking I close my eyes and press my lips to hers hard. Her lips felt ice cold on mine. She wasn't breaking away nor was she protesting. But just as I suspected, all those feelings that I thought I felt for her, weren't there.

I was just about to pull alway when she shoved me to the ground. I landed with an 'oomph' on my back. I look up into her eyes and I felt the hatred in them. Hatred? Why? I didn't do anything wrong.

"Why did you just kiss me Liana?" She hissed.

"Because I-I was j-just t-trying t-t-to..." I stuttered out.

I felt a presence by my side. I look over and its Jase wrapping his arms around me trying to get me to sit up.

"Are you stupid or something? I already have a mate!"

It felt as though a knife was being driven into my heard numerous times. It wasn't the fact she already has a mate and it's clearly not me but the fact her mate is actually Jase. But he's MY mate. My eyes dart to Jace's and I got lost in them and not once did he try to break eye contact with me either.

As my eyes lingered his anger started to build up inside of me, knowing that he isn't mine...but Alessa did say that he was her /ex/-mate but you cannot break the bond, unless...I stood up without Jase's help with my face inches away from Alessa's. It was really hard to see in the dark and the only light that we had was that of the full moon that shown brightly.

My fists coiled at my sides and without another thought I shoved her pushing her down onto the ground under the full moon's beam of light.

Alessa's pov

I screamed in agony as the light touched my human flesh. It felt as though I was on fire. I look down at my arm that was sprouting fur but it wasn't my usual white-silver fur. It was blood red. Fear swam in me as the pain increased. Within mintues the pain stopped and I was in wolf form. But it wasn't /my/ wolf. I look down at my paws, looked over at my back and tail seeing that it all revealed a blood red color. I look back over at Liana and Jase who looked as if they had just seen someone die before their very eyes.

"Kill, kill, kill!" The voice in my head chanted. "No!" I said back mentally, thrashing my head back and forth. When I looked back up all I could see were Jase's and Liana's backs as they ran back to the town.

I snap out of it when I hear clapping from behind me, I turn around slowly and come face to face with-

Calvin's pov (the crow)

"Oh Alessa look at you. You are such a disgrace now you see why we didn't want you in the pack? Your nothing but a threat."

"Calvin, what are you doing here?" she said to me mentally.

"What else? To do what should have been done years ago."

"And what is that?"

"To kill you of course." I grinned devilishly. "You must've known that I can be the only one to kill you. The only thing to kill a monster like you is by the blood of a crow."

"You'll die as well." She smirked.

"Not necessarily." I smirked back, her face fell by my words but quickly regained composer. "Let the games begin."

___________________________________________________________________________

I hate to say but there is only 3 more chapters but there will be a sequal I can promise you since I'm making this story into a series :)

I know this chapter wasn't very long but I'm going to go back and add more detail and such..I just wanted it up since I haven't uploaded in over a month x_x

comment, vote, fan!

(Not Edited)

~Bunni