Hope Never Fades -chapter three-

Chapter Three:

I entered the room. All I could see was white; four white walls, white flooring, white bedding; white everything. They should decorate hospitals and make them a cheerful place to be at. This is probably why most people hate hospitals.

"Sissy, I missed you!" he yelled, smiling his beautiful smile, but he was pale. There were dark circles under his beautiful green and grey eyes. His dark brown hair was gone and all that remained was his thin, sick body. It was like half of his soul was taken.

'He's too young. It should have been me, not him!' I thought to myself. An escaped tear ran down the side of my cheek and I wiped it away with the back of my sleeve. Putting on my best smile, I looked at Brat. "So how's it going, my little hero?"

"They said I'm doing great Look what he gave me!" Brat said while taking a big bag out form under his hospital bed. Then he threw all the insides of the bag onto his bed. There was candy, toy cars, funny hats, and a lot of gum.

"Brat, who is he?" I asked a little surprised. It couldn't be the nurses; they were heartless and mean. Plus, they were all women.

"Jake" he said while putting a piece of candy in his mouth.

"What? Who's Jake? Is he a doctor or something?" I questioned, while sitting beside him on the bed.

"No, Jake's my new best friend I thought he was scary the first time I saw him, but then he gave me all these cool presents." "He's not scary anymore" he said smiling, like he had just won a big prize.

I tried to think of someone we knew named Jake, but my mind kept coming up blank. Wait! No, it can't be. No! No! No! How in hell did Jake know about Brat? It couldn't be true! Maybe it was another Jake. Yeah, definitely.

"He has a visitor, today." I heard a nurse say.

"Who?" Another person asked.

"Just his sister; she comes here everyday." The nurse replied.

I heard footsteps approaching and then the door opened. No, God. Please, God, don't let it be him. I prayed to myself. When I opened my eyes, there, standing right in front of me, was the one and only Jake. He was smirking, like always, and was carrying a small bag.

"Well, well, well Look who's here," he said, smirking at me. Why was he here? How did he know my brother?

"What are you doing here?" I demanded.

"Jake!" Brat yelled, happily.

"Hey, I brought you something special," he said to Brat, totally ignoring me.

Jake made his way to the bed and handed Brat the small bag. Brat excitedly took to bag and grabbed whatever was inside. It kind of looked like clothes. Oh, duh! It was a Spiderman costume. I looked over at Jake, confused. I mean, Jake was so mean to me. I never imagined he would be the caring type. And I was still wondering how he knew Brat.

"Spiderman!" he shrieked, while looking at the costume.

"I said, 'What are you doing here?'" I scowled.

Like always, Brat turned his face to me and smirked. "I came here to see my little buddy."

"Oh and how exactly do you know your 'little buddy'?"

"D, this is Jake!, the one I was talking about!" Brat exclaimed with a smile.

"Yeah D, I'm Jake, Brat's friend." There was that stupid smirk, again. He even used Brat's nickname for me. What a jerk!

Suddenly, Brat shot out of bed with a sick look to his face. He ran to the bathroom without a second's hesitation. It wasn't seconds later when I heard him puking. "Eww," he groaned.