The prince who can see spirits - Part A

[ First written on Nov. 18th, 2012 at 2:43 PM - Edited on Sept. 12th, 2015 at 5:04 PM ]

(Young Prince Kouyou's POV)

I was silently listening to the muffled voices of the people behind my room's closed door. One of the voices was my mother's sweet agitated voice and I am certain that she was frustrated.

She was probably arguing with the royal doctor, telling him that I'm not sick in my head and just needs a medication or two.

I am definitely not, I must tell you. I am perfectly healthy and sane.

Its just that... they won't believe that I could see a dead mistress asking for me to find her lost ring and the bunch of others who asks me to help them with their unfinished businesses.

They were restless spirits who needs help. Why couldn't they understand that I'm just trying to help? That I'm not sick.

I could see what others couldn't and they judge me for it for I was the only one aware of those things they cannot comprehend.

I could only sulk on my bed because there's nothing I can do about it. I continued to listen to the commotions outside, uninterested, when someone called to me...

"Young man... Why do you keep that gloomy expression?" I looked up and saw the dead chef, who refuses to rest because he wants to keep on guiding other young chefs whom he ends up scaring out of the kitchen every time.

He was the one who served my old grandma long time ago and he is really kind. He teaches me to cook some easy dishes at times and would comfort me at times like this too. His name is Kai and he really have a sweet smile.

"Kai?... Am I sick?" I sadly asked as he sat beside me and wrapped an arm on my little shoulder "The doctor says I'm sick in my head... Am I really crazy? Are you really just something I made up in my head?"

"No... Of course not. I am a real person...or in this case, a real spirit. I'm not something you've just created..." He shook his head in disagreement and pulled me closer by my shoulder, "You see...people won't accept what they couldn't understand. Just like when you refused to eat a dish when you don't know what it was made of. You won't take a bite and see if its delicious or not because you are doubtful. That's why, you end up discarding the dish, which is in fact, a really delectable one. It's just like your situation. They won't believe you because they are doubting your ability and let themselves believe that you are crazy... when you are in fact, special... "

I only looked down with a sad pout as he softly rattled me to cheer me up. I look up to him and he smiled.

" Don't be upset, okay? We, whom only you could see, believes in you. You helped us so we believe in you. We are going to help you too, young prince... We'all always be here for you..."

"Thank you, Kai" I replied with a small smile as he nodded and then, slowly disappeared into a white mist.
"I'm going now... they might be listening to us so I must leave to keep you from trouble. They might assume that you really are crazy because of it..." He patted my head lovingly with a smile " but remember, we'll remain loyal to you, our Prince... And we'll always be here for you."

"Okay..." I whispered cheerfully and as soon as he disappeared, my mother, the queen rush in and hugged me...

She started crying pitifully... while the doctor behind her disappointedly shook his head...

Kai was right... they are clueless...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Normal POV)
10 Years later...

Many people believes that the young prince of Nihil is crazy. Many assumes that the young prince, who was lonely ever since, often talks to imaginary friends that no one could see to ease his loneliness.