PRLG

LUKE

I panted heavily, tears still fresh on my cheeks. I can't believe it. I closed my eyes as I gripped a pole tightly, my lungs straining for a breathe. 6 years. I gave him 6 years of my life. 6 years of our beautiful life ruined by two words.

-
"We're done."

I looked at him, emotions suddenly attacking at my brain.

"What?"

"We're done, Luke. I can't live my life anymore knowing its not fair that I continue this thing not wholeheartedly." His hazel eyes burned into mine, not looking away for a moment. Almost as if he's studying me, my feelings.

"You don't mean that, Ash. I kn-" he cut me off.

"No, Luke. You don't know, okay? You don't understand. I love someone else. I have for a while know. And I think i'd be happier with him."
-

I sat down, my heart rate picking up from recalling the thing that happened almost 43 minutes ago. 43 minutes ago since I lost the love of my life. My soulmate. My Ashton.

My breathe picked up at the name, heart clenching of the thought of the future we could've had, the future he'll have with someone that wasn't me. My face once again covered with salty rain that fell from my sorrow.

I started thinking about all the fights, the hurt, the pride, and nights of sleeping alone, but none of them compared the this. It was as if thunder struck, as if a fire was lit, as if I just got my heart heartbroken. But the thing is that the last part wasn't an 'as if'. It happened. And now my broken heart is homeless and without him to glue it all together.