Amelia Lily Potter

I walked downstairs as it hit 11:30 in the morning. It was a Sunday, meaning that everyone wanted coffee, and Harry was making them. I was almost gagging as I walked through the kitchen, and the coffee stench crawled up my nose. As I sat down on the living room sofa, my Aunt Petunia smiled at me.

"Good morning, Amelia," She said.

"Morning," I replied. Conversations between myself and Petunia had always been a little awkward, probably because Vernon absolutely loathes me, and Harry gets treated worse than I. I saw that Dudley, my cousin, was sat next to the coffee table eating the majority of the biscuits. Just then, Vernon walked in and sat on his armchair. He was in a happy mood, which was unusual because me and Harry have been receiving letters, causing him to become stressed and grumpy.

Vernon grinned, "Guess what's good about today". Harry then walked in and offered a biscuit to him. We knew exactly what was special about today.

We said unenthusiastically, "No post on Sundays...".

"Spot on," Vernon smirked.

Something was in the fireplace. I heard. I stepped closer, and suddenly, there was dozens of enveloped flying at me. Luckily, Dudley and Harry managed to pull me out of the way before I was hit. Petunia screamed, whereas I tried to grab one.

"Yes!" I cheered as I caught one. It was the usual green ink stating:

Miss A. Potter

The Smallest Bedroom

4 Privet Drive

Little Whinging

Surrey

Unfortunatley, the thick envelope was snatched out of my hand by none other than Vernon Dursley.

"WE'RE LEAVING".

A/N; Hey guys, this is one of my first sories. I hope you will enjoy it. Hopefully I willbe updating everyday, but if I can,t then sorry. xx