Chapter 3

While Eric is ordering the pizza from the Dauntless Diner I walk around his bedroom. I try not to be nosy or anything but it was just calling me.

I look around and through his drawers until I find a picture. Its a picture of a little girl and two adults. The little girls has ocean blue eyes and dark brown wavy hair.

The woman seems to be about 30 or 40. She has the same color eyes as Eric. Her hair is almost a honey brown color and is pulled back out of her face.

And the man. The resemblance between him and Eric is startling. Same icy blue eyes, and facial structure. This must be his family.

"That's my little sister and parents." I hear some one whisper in my ear.

Eric.

I jump back about two feet while squealing. He just stares at me and chuckles.

"I...umm, sorry?" I stutter out.

"Its okay." He says with a sad smile.

"What happened to them?"

He let's out a long sigh and sits on the bed and pats the space next to him.

"You don't have to tell me if you don't want to." I softly caution him.

"No, it might be nice to tell some one."

I flop down onto the bed next to him.

"Well, where to begin. My parents had to take the aptitude test, their results were inconclusive. Of course they had it done after they were 16 or I wouldn't be here. Anyway, one night some people from Dauntless broke into our house my parents hid me and my sister Ava. I heard gunshots, and my mother screaming." He pauses to look at me and then continues.

"The closet doors opened, I freaked out but stayed quiet. But Ava wasn't she started screaming and crying and ran out. They shot her." He says his voice cracking after that.

I grab his hand and hold it to my face. He sucks in a sharp breath and starts again.

"They didn't see me. My parents were Divergent. They killed my sister just in case I'm guessing." He sneers out the last part.

"Eric, I'm so sorry." I whisper.

"There's nothing you could have done."

I just realized until now that he was crying. I wrap my arms around his waist and pull him closer to me. He then pulls me into his lap and burries his head into the crook of my neck while silent sobs rack his body.

He pulls back slightly just to see my face. We stare into each others eyes for what seems like hours.

"So, on a lighter subject where is that pizza?" He asks.

Ironically someone starts banging on the door. I let out a soft laugh and hop off his lap.

"I'll get it."

I walk to the door and open it to reveal a man that looks about 18 or 20 years old holding a box of pizza. He looks me up and down while licking his lips.

"Exscuse me, my eyes are up here." I spit out.

"Uhh huh." He mumbles out while passing me the box.

"Thanks." I am about to close the door until he reaches his hand out and pushes it back open.

"So can I get your number?"

What the heck is wrong with men these days?!

"No! Go away you creep." I shout while slamming the door in his face.

I set the pizza down on the table in the kitchen and call Eric. He glances over at me and frowns.

"You're upset. What happened?"

"Some guy asked me for my number and kept staring at a certain part of me, but I'm fine."

I watched him clench his fists so hard I'm afraid his knuckles might snap. I grab his fists and try to pry his fingers apart, but he pulls them back.

I giggle at his stuborness. He looks up at me and gives me an ammused and confused expression.

"Why did you laugh at me?"

"Because your stubborn and its actually pretty cu-" I stop myself before I boost up his ego anymore.

His eyes lit up like a Christmas tree. Oh god what did I do?

"What was that Tris?" He asks smirking.

"Nothing." I say as I feel my cheeks heat up in embarrassment.

"No, no, tell me what you were going to say trissypoo." He says teasing me.

"I was not going to tell you that you were cute."

He stands up and stares me straight in the eye. He then grabs the hem of his shirt.

"What are you doing?" I asked him timidly.

"Well if you don't think I'm smexy then this shouldn't bother you at all should it?" He says cockily and pulls his shirt of all the way.

My draw drops down to the floor and I can feel the drool slip down my chin. I mean I'm pretty sure if you saw a man with a freaking eight pack standing in front of youre jaw would be on the floor as well so don't judge.

"Tris, I think you have a bit of drool on your chin." He says, still smirking of course.

I hastily wipe the drool off my face and glare at him.

"So is this smexy enough for you?"

"Hardly, a drunk cat is sexier than you." I said lying through my teeth he was much much.... Wait what!?!

"Oh really? So if a drunk cat is better looking then me you wouldn't want me to do this would you?"

He walks over and picks me up and places me in his lap. His lips find their way to my neck and slowly move gently up and down in a teasing manner.

"No I wouldn't."

He nibbles my ear and I let out an involuntary moan. I feel his smirk on my neck.

"Are you sure about that?" He questions.

"I think." I whisper closing my eyes at the feeling.

He moves his down and my heart beats five times faster at the thought of what his intentions might be. But luckily his hands stopped at my waist and his thumbs begin moving in circles on my hip bones. And of course I let out a moan at that too.

"Okay, you are." I sigh in defeat.

He pulls away from neck and I turn to face him. "I am what?" He asks with a knowing smirk.

"You know what." I state looking away from his crystal blue eyes.

"No Tris I'm not sure I do." He says stroking my hair with his hand.

"Your sexy, smexy, cute, fine, hot, or whatever you want to be called okay!?" I burst out

He chuckles and says "I know."

"If you already knew then why did you make me say it?"

"Makes me feel good, especially when it comes out of your mouth."

"Egotistical jerk." I mutter.

"Yeah but you're gonna learn to love this egotistical jerk" he whispers so softly I can barely hear him.

Maybe I already do, who knows?