Please don't leave

It really a was a simple day with a simple case. A quick open and close. Maura hadn't heard from Jane all evening saying goodbye. So the blonde went home and made a salad with kale for dinner with a small glass of wine. She decided to read one her science magizines she got in the mail regularly that Jane always teased her about.

____________________________________

Halfway through a very interesting article about a new discovery in the cells of a rare fish in the red sea her phone rang. The blonde reached for the phone on her coffee table and sighed. "Dr. Isles" She spoke into the phone.

"Maur?" The blonde knew it was her best friend right away. But she knew something was off. She heard some sniffles and her voice sounded scared.

"What is it Jane?"

"I need you. Please. I need you to come over." The detective sobbed into the phone.

"Oh Jane. I'll be over in fifteen, ok?" The blonde jumped up and quickly grabbed her high heels from the day and her keys.

"Ok. Maura, please don't hang up. Stay on the phone with me."

"Of course Jane." The blonde walked out her door not even bothering to lock up her house. "I'm just getting in the car now."

"Okay..." The blonde just heard silence.

"Jane are you okay?" All she heard was crying then. "Jane I'll be right there. I'm close now."

"Are you speeding?" The brunette asked in a whisper.

"Yes. My best friend needs me. So a ticket is the least of worries. Okay I'm going up the the front steps now. I'm gonna hang up and then I'll be right there. Promise."

"Okay." The blonde rushed up the rest of the stairs to get to the last floor and unlocked the door. "Its me Jane." The blonde walked through the little apartment in the dark and walked right to the detectives bedroom.

The blonde walked up to the bed and saw her Jane just lying there on her bed, staring blankly while tears fell down her cheeks. "Oh Jane. What happened?" She asked as she slid off her heels and climbed on the bed and snuggled up to Jane, knowing thats what she needed.

"I had a bad dream."

"Hoyt?" They both shuddered at the name.

"No."

"What happened then, Jane?"

"You," The blonde looked up at the detective, reassuringly. "Well you died Maur." A sob rips through Jane. "You left me and then you died."

"Oh my Jane. No. I didn't leave and I didn't die, sweetie. I'm right here." The doctor sat up and leaned against the headboard, pulling Jane up with her and set her in her lap. The detective just sat in her best friends lap, face in her neck, tears falling down her face. "I'll be here as long as I can be, sweetie. I promise." The brunette fell asleep, silent tears falling and breathing in her best friends scent, to know for sure that shes there and alive. "Shh its okay, Jane. Its okay." And the blonde kissed the crown of Janes head.

The blondes back was bothering her after a while but she didn't want to wake Jane, so she carefully slid down the bed and brought Jane with her. Maura fell asleep eventually, holding Jane in her arms.

____________________________________

It was one in the morning when Maura woke up again and she had to use the restroom. The doctor tried to carefully extract herself from Jane, and succeeded until she got out of the bed and Jane rolled over reachinh for her and panicked when she awoke to no Maura in the bed. The blonde saw Jane flailing and climbed back on the bed.

"Maura??"

"Shh. Jane I'm right here. Let me turn on the light." The doctor reached over to the nightstand and turned on the light.

The detective threw herself towards Maura. "Jane, sweetie, its all okay."

"Maura I love you," Jane cried into Maura's chest. "Please don't leave me. Please. Don't leave."

"Oh Jane. I won't, baby. I love you too. I'm right here til the end. Please don't cry."

"You were leaving Maur."

"I had to pee, hun."

"Oh...."

"I won't leave. But I really need to pee and then we can lie here all day and I'll hold you and love you." She kissed her forehead. The brunette nodded and allowed the blonde to get up.

When the doctor came back they lay in the bed, facing each other, nose to nose.

"Maur, you know when I said I love you I meant-" The detective was cut off by the blondes lips crashing against her own. They both smiled into the kiss.

"I'm not leaving you, Jane. Not until I die, and that won't be for a while. I trust you with everything I am Jane. This is us. Okay? We're gonna be okay and I'm not leaving."

"Okay." The two smiled at each other.

A/N: thank you for reading. Just a one shot by the way. I'm also working on a long fic, that I won't be posting for a while because I'd like to do regular updates and I haven't got the time. But anyways, thank you for reading. Hope you enjoyed