Chapter 11: Letting Go

*Amayah*

The Headmistress Paced Back And Forth Outside Of The Door As She Continued To Stare At Me. My Stomach Was In Knots As I Sat There Quietly. I Don't Even Know What I Did, But It Must Be Something Big If My Parents Are Being Called. Headmistress Walked Into The Office And Sat Down. Her Piercing Green Eyes Stared At Me

"In All My Years Of Being Headmistress Of This School, Never Would I EVER Think That I'd Have A Black Student! My Mind Set Was That None Of Your Kind Could Afford A School Like This, But You Proved Me Wrong. You Were A Wonderful Student, And You Were Never In Trouble Until Now." She Said.

"Umm...Can I Ask What I Did?" I Said In A Low Voice.

"You Know...There Are Other White Boys In This School That You Could've Took Advantage Of, But No! You Chose My Son! Why?" She Said.

"Wait What? Took Advantage Of? That Is Definitely Not The Case!" I Snapped.

"I'd Watch That Tone If I Were You Young Lady! You Know Good And Well That You Took Advantage Of My Poor Son! He Never Thought About Sex Or Anything Until He Met You!" She Said. Her Words Stung Worse Than A Bee Sting.

"I Didn't Take Advantage Of Liam! I Care About And Love Liam So Much!" I Said, But She Threw Her Hand Up.

"You Are Pitiful! You Will No Longer Be Allowed In This School, And My Son Will Be Pressing Charges." She Said.

"PRESSING CHARGES FOR WHAT?!" I Yelled. Moments Later, My Parent's Walked In.

"What Is Going On?" My Mom Asked.

"Hello Mr. And Mrs. Washington. Please Have A Seat." The Headmistress Said. They Looked At Me Before Having A Seat. The Headmistress Explained To Them That A Student Came To Her And Said That I "Forced" Liam To Have Sex With Me. She Then Went Way Off The Chart Dissing And Downing Black People And That's When My Mom Snapped.

"How Dare You! We Work Hard Just Like Everyone Else, And How The Hell Do You Know That My Daughter Forced Your Son? How Do You Know That Your Son Didn't Force My Daughter?" She Snapped.

"My Son Isn't Capable Of Forcing Someone Into Sex. Especially Someone He Isn't Attracted To." She Said Calmly.

"Oh My God There Was No Forcing Involved!" I Snapped.

"Okay So How About The Naked Pictures You Sent To My Son?" She Said. I Froze. I Had Forgotten All About That!

"That Doesn't Even Sound Like My Daughter!" My Mom Snapped.

"Actually It Does. It Is A Picture On My Son's Phone Of Your Daughter From The Neck Down Showing All Of Her Private Areas. You Have Tattoos Don't You Miss Washington?" She Said. I Swallowed Hard, But I Ignored Her Question. I Was Guilty For Sending Nude Pictures.

"That Doesn't Prove Anything! If Her Face Isn't Showing Then That Could Be Anybody's Body!" My Dad Said.

"Make Excuses For Her If You Will, But She Is Guilty! And Sexting? That's Illegal." She Said. I Giggled As I Shook My Head. It Was Taking Everything In Me Not To Lash Out On This Lady!

"Do You Find Me Amusing, Miss Washington?" She Asked.

"Yeah I Do!" I Said.

"Well Laugh It Up Now. We'll See Who Gets The Last Laugh." She Said. I Grabbed My Bag As Stormed Out Of Her Office. I Was So Mad That I Was About To Cry.

The Car Ride Home Was Even More Stressful As My Parent's Snapped On Me. I Just Sat There Quietly As They Both Yelled At Me. When We Got Home, I Hurried Into The House And Ran Upstairs.