Chapter 38

{{another time skip because you all already know how they get the prison and its useless for me to type it all out}}

Peyton's POV.

The prison beds aren't that comfy. Daddy doesn't want to sleep in a cage so he pulled two mattresses out of a cell and placed them together on the perch.

They're better than anything we've had in awhile though so that's good. Though I end up sleeping on daddy's chest.

It's a lot warmer in here too. I was soooo cold out there. Daddy took his vest back because I didn't need it. He likes it a lot.

"Stay here near Lori and Carl baby I'll be back in a little bit" daddy says kissing the top of my head.

I reach my arms up and grab onto daddy's shirt. "Daddy where are you going!?" I shout, jumping with my arms up signaling I want him to pick me up.

Daddy squats down to my level and places his hands on my shoulders. "We're gonna clear out the prison so it's nice and safe for you" daddy says and pinches my cheek.

"Daddy I wanna go" I say wrapping my arms around his neck, laying my head on his shoulders.

"No.. Now go play with Carl" daddy says and starts to push me towards Carl's cell.

"Daddy I wanna play with you! Please stay" I say turning to face daddy.

Daddy sighs and picks me up "I'll be back before ye' know it princess"

"Will you play with me then? You never play with me anymore daddy" I pout.

"That's because daddy's has to do adult stuff"

"I wish it was still no zombies around and just me, you ,and uncle Merle at home" I sigh, feeling sadness come over me when I mention uncle Merle's name.

"Well it's not so ye' need to get used to me not always being around" daddy says and sets me down in front of Carl's cell and starts to walk off.

"Daddy wait!" I yell but daddy doesn't even turn around, he keeps walking.

"Daddy!" I shout again, maybe he didn't hear me.

They start walking out the door, daddy was in the back.

I ran up to the gate thingy right as Carl was shutting and locking it. I grab onto the bars and try shouting at daddy again. "I love you daddy!" I yell as daddy disappeared.

He didn't even say it back.

****

"Don't worry Peyton.. I'm sure he didn't hear you... Your dad loves you a lot I promise" Lori say as I cry into her shirt. Daddy doesn't love me.

"Is he mad at me?" I sniffle, looking up at her.

She shakes her head. "No sweetheart.. Maybe he's just stressed"

"B-but daddy always says he loves me.. Even when he's sad" I say wiping my eyes.

"Sweetheart I promise he loves you ok? I wouldn't lie to you... Tell you what when he gets back you can ask him all about it" she says rubbing my back.

"Ok" I sniffle.

"Hey Peyton.. Come play with me" Carl says and pulls my arm, leading my to his cell and his bunk where some toy hot wheels were.

"You can have these 3 and I'll get these ones" he instructs handing me 3 cars.

We play with the cars for awhile before I hear people yelling and panicking.

"Come on" Carl says and grabs my hand, he pulls me to my feet and drags me behind him to see what happened. I hope daddy and everyone else is ok.

Carl makes me stand behind him and we watch Rick wheel Hershel in on a cart.

I about threw up when I say Hershel's leg! It was cut off at the knee and blood was everywhere. I clutched onto the back of Carl's shirt and hid my face.

"Dad what happened?" Carl asks.

Rick doesn't answer and quickly helps get Hershel onto a bed.

I look around for daddy but I don't see him.

But then I hear more shouting coming from the kitchen area.

I run out there and see daddy raising his crossbow at 3 guys who I didn't know. "Daddy" I say and daddy snaps his head at me.

"Get outta here!" Daddy shouts at me.

"Ain't that cute... Gotta little kid in here" a man with long black hair said. He was ugly and scary.

I look over at daddy frightened and run over to him, hiding behind his legs.

"Dammit Peyton! Go back in the cell block!" Daddy shouts at me.

I flinch and feel tears brimming my eyes. I hate it when daddy yells at me like that!

I push myself away from daddy and run back into the cell block and up to Carl who was watching as carol and Lori tired to help Hershel.

"What's wrong?" Carl asks, noticing my tears.

"My daddy's a jerk!" I say and cross my arms.

"We need more sheets.. He's already bled through these" Lori says holding up a bloody sheet.

"We'll need to find the infirmary" Rick sighs.

More shouting comes from out where daddy is and Rick turns to go out there.

Carl grabs my arm and pulls me aside. "We need to find that.. Infirmary thing" Carl whispers.

"By ourselves?" I ask.

"Hershel needs them and they're busy with the prisoners" Carl says. "It could save his life!"

"I dont know if daddy would like that" I say hesitantly.

"Didn't you say he was a jerk?" Carl asks. "Come on! What if Hershel dies because nobody got the supplies!"

What if Carl is right? I don't want Hershel to die! We have to do this.. For Hershel! 

"Ok.. I'm scared though" I whisper and lower my head.

"It's ok.. I'm a good aim" Carl says and grabs my hand, pulling me to the opposite side of the cell block where the other door is. Carl still had the keys Rick gave him so he was able to open the door.

"Let's do this" Carl says and gives me an assuring nod.

Daddy is going to be so mad.