XI

RAVEN

  I had kept Ivy in the house and painted the inside with sigils to protect her from detection until I told Wynne, which I planned to do. 

  I stood in her office at the chapel, where she was observing her large bronze screen.

  "They killed the guardian angels," She said. "Both of them were dead within minutes. What was strange, though, was Finn killed them both. He's growing into a lethal threat. I just hope that we can get to him before he becomes too much to handle. Anyways, what was it that you needed to talk to me about?"

  I nervously gulped. There were two sides to Wynne; the loving older sister who did everything in her power to protect me, and the harsh Council member who did what she believed to be right. If I was going to tell her about Ivy, I needed to ease her into it.

  "Do you believe that everyone has a chance at being saved?" I asked. My plan was to get her to say yes, and then tell her about Ivy. That way, she couldn't have anything horrible done to her.

  "Of course." She smiled nonchalantly. "You were saved, and Finn will soon be saved. With the right encouragement, anyone can be put on the angelic path."

  "Well, I found something - and someone, interesting. You see, there are quite a few secrets in Seth's house. I found names of demons and their sigils in his bedroom, and something even more interesting in a cellar." I paused so Wynne could digest that. She was no longer smiling, but she wasn't showing any anger or disdain, so I kept going. "Inside a cellar in his basement, I found a girl."

  "A corpse? When I said anyone could be said, I meant any living being or soul." Wynne chided me.

  "No, she's alive."

  "And how is that?"

  "Well . . . I . . . I guess that, after I left Finn and Seth, Seth got lonely, and did some rather shameful things. Oh, why am I even trying to sugarcoat it? He summoned a succubus and got her pregnant. To avoid having two hybrid children, he locked the girl away in the cellar. But she isn't malicious, I swear. She was asleep for nearly a decade before I found her." I observed Wynne, who had on a perfect poker face. That was the same expression she put on when she needed to digest something. 

  "Yes, I believe that all beings can be saved," She said slowly. "I need you to give me a reason why we should trust this girl."

  "By a technicality, she's my half-daughter, since Seth and I were never divorced. When I found her, she had nothing but human qualities. She had a faint demonic aura, but no lethal intent or malice. I'm willing to look after her myself if you give her a chance." I wasn't trying to sound desperate, but I couldn't help it. This girl, like Finn, was heavily disadvantaged by Seth's ill decision-making skills. He had cost her her childhood the same way he cost Finn his adulthood.

  "Alright, I'll allow it." Wynne stood up. I did a small cheer in my head. "But, I want to meet her. If I sense anything, and I mean anything wrong with her, I'll have her killed." I, nodded, led her out of the chapel, and soared with her to the house. 

  "Paranoid, much?" Wynne said, poking at a sigil inside of the house. "This is strong enough to keep out the average angel, but too weak to contain high angels like you and I. Were you scared that the army would come after her?"

  "Yeah, I was very anxious." I scratched my head nervously. I then turned to the stairs and called; "Ivy!" She came speeding down the stairs. Her hair hung loosely around her head, and she wore a tank top and sweatpants that had belonged to Finn.

  "Hello, Raven," She smiled at me, then turned to Wynne. "Nice to meet you, my name is Ivy."

  "My name is Wynne. And your name is Ivy D'elia, to be exact." Wynne added in.