Fantastic Photoshoot

The life of an intern is kinda hectic. You have to do all the work the actual employees do—if not more—and you don’t get paid jack. Then again it makes it a lot easier when you are interning for something you love to do. I’m a photography intern. Today my mentor and I are doing a photoshoot with this band R5. I’m already at the venue, everything is already set up, I just have to wait for R5 and my mentor Gwendolyn, to get here. Now that I think about it, Gwen should’ve been here a while ago.

Ring ring.

I answer my phone.

“Hiya”

“Clary! It’s Gwen, my daughter has the stomach flu, I don’t want to risk getting you or the band sick. So I can’t make it to the photoshoot”

“Aww man so that means we are rescheduling?” I moan.

“No, I want you to take this assignment—alone. I think you’re ready.”

“Wh—what for real Gwen? Yes! Yes, I am so ready! I won’t let you down!” I squeal

“I didn’t think you would” she chuckles.

Click.

Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes! I can do this, I’ve been waiting so long for this day! I grab my camera and I begin taking some practice shots. I scroll through the pictures I’ve taken “—fantastic, brilliant, wow, amazing, god I’m awesome—“ I compliment myself sheepishly aloud until I hear someone clear their throat behind me.

“Hello Awesome, my name is Ross” I catch my breath, but I can’t release it. The boy standing in front of me is near perfection and I’m unable to find my words.

“Er—um—hi!” I stumble over the simple word as I make my way over to him, tripping over some cords in the process.

“Well, Awesome, my band and I are here ready to be prettied up and photographed. Not that I need much prettying up” He says cockily but jokingly.

“Oh yeah! Great! Um—makeup is down that hall, come out here when they’ve finished with you. And uh my actual name is Clary” I state nervously while twirling my hair.

“Clary, that’s a much more suitable name for a girl, see you soon” he smiles and winks at me and turns outside to get the rest of his band. My heart is beating like a mad man, what—what do I normally do with my hands? I place one on my hip and the other on the back of my neck. Well that sure as hell aint it. I shake my arms out and go over to check the lens on the camera, yep just as I suspected—same as it was a few minutes ago.

“Hey Clary this is Riker, Rocky, Ratliff, and Rydel” Ross walks up to me, all their makeup is done and they have their wardrobe on.

“Okay, let’s get shooting!” I clap my hands together and turn them into a double thumbs up—well that’s not right either. I’m so lame.

~~~

It’s time for the last shot of the day. Since we’ve gotten started I’ve only had a couple minor embarrassing mishaps. Riker, Ratliff, Rydel, and Rocky walk out from the back.

“Hey guys, for the last shot we will be out back by the tire swing.” I watch as rocky and Riker’s eyes widen and Rocky takes a sprint out the door—pushing the others out of his way. Riker regains his balance quickly and runs out after him.

“Aw man” Ratliff whines “I’ll never beat them to the swing now!” he yells while sulking out the door with Rydel. I quietly begin to gather my equipment, camera, back-up camera, tripod, lens—