The Jilted Bride

The perfect dress...

The perfect weather...

The perfect setting...

The perfect guy...

What could possibly go wrong?

--

Matagal na niyang planado ang lahat. She had been dreaming about that day ever since she was eight. She had imagined everything to be perfect. Who would need a wedding planner when the bride is too eager to plan her own wedding? They wanted to laugh at her for exerting too much effort, saying that she might neglect to take care of herself before the big day. Baka masapawan siya ng mga bridesmaid sa mismong araw ng kasal niya, ika nila.

She would just laugh and say that she needs no rest as she was sure that love itself will take care of the blush on her face during the day.

She looks so in love. She looks so happy. If it's true that happy thoughts could make you fly, there is a chance that she won't be able to get back down on the ground.

He was her first love. First year high school pa lamang ay gustong-gusto na nya ito. He was not the school heartthrob back then but in the most amazing way, he found his way to her heart. Marami rin syang kaagaw dito. Magaling kase itong kumanta. Kaya kahit hindi sobrang gwapo ay marami-rami rin ang nagkakandarapa dito.

Second to third year high school ay nagka-girlfriend ito. Ilang beses niyang iniuntog sa pader ang ulo noong mga panahon na iyon hoping that it would make her forget. Pero sumakit lamang ang ulo nya. Every day was torture for her... lalo na kapag nakikita niya itong kasama ang girlfriend nito. They would always hold hands and he would always smile. Kinakain siya ng inggit nang mga panahon na yun.

But they also broke up during vacation so nabigyan ulit siya ng pag-asa.

By the time they were on their last year in high school, she decided to sing for him during convocation. Hindi sya magaling kumanta and it took a lot of courage to sing in front of the whole school... but she volunteered to do a special number just for the sake of getting his attention.

He became more of a school's sweetheart and a lot of girls would do anything for him. She's no different. She wanted him to notice her...

When it was her turn, samot-saring kamalasan ang inabot niya which earned her the greatest humiliation of her life. Upon climbing up the stairs, she tripped and the guitar almost broke into half.

Then, nawawala-wala yung sound nung mic and she was on the verge of singing acapella had it not been resolved immediately.

Next, she totally blanked out.

Mga limang minuto na yata siyang nakapwesto sa unahan pero wala pa ring lumalabas sa bibig nya. Tipa lamang siya ng tipa ng gitara, unable to remember the lyrics she had practiced singing the night before.

Sitting there on the stool, she got dumbstruck when he suddenly stood up from his seat and walked up the stage next to her.

Kinuha nito ang gitara mula sa kanya.

"Ano ba ang gusto mong kantahin?" he asked.

"P-Pangarap Lang Kita," she managed to say.

Her heart almost dropped when he smiled. "Nice," he said. Inilapit nito ang labi nito sa tenga niya. "We'll be singing duet then," bulong nito.