Prologue

She only hesitated a moment outside the door as if she wasn’t exactly sure this was where she was supposed to be.

The cafés mood shifted as she walked in. If darkness was a person, it would be her. The cafe seemed to sigh as she walked in and sway with her steps.

    I watched her as she walked in. Oh don't be judgemental, we all did.  She was wearing the darkest clothes even though the sun was high in the sky. It had to at least be 80° and she wasn't even sweating. She must be some sort of demon, I thought to myself.

The guy with the tattoo covered arm in the corner stares at her with a lusty look. Until he feels like he is being watched. That is when he notices  me staring at him. He looks at me in defiance, trying to threatening me, until his eyes start burning. He then looks away trying to blink moisture back into his eyes. The pin up lady on his arm shakes as if she wants to run away from his arm. She looks like an abused lover.

    I looked back at her standing at the counter. She seemed to be in a hurry when she ordered. She became even more peculiar when she ordered hot chocolate and had the cafe look at her with daggers. She eventually sat down. As she sat Trent walked in. I watched her look at the stranger in the doorway and her eyes follow him up to the counter. That's when I could finally see her eyes and I was able to look deep into them and see the truth.