Chapter 4

Pic of Ian on the side →

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“So many books, so little time.”

― Frank Zappa

I don't know why I have an alarm clock. I end up breaking every single one I buy. I guess because its 'normal.' After getting ready for school, I pull out a cup of animal blood. I only drink refrigerated blood when I don't have time to go hunting.

Slinging my shoulder bag on, I grab my keys and hop into my car. Driving into the parking lot, I see Dillon. It's crazy how much he looks like Aedan. Not making eye contact, I walk right by him and walk into the school doors.

Seeing Emma standing at my locker, like usual because we share first period together. "Hey Emma."

She leans back against the locker next to mine. "Hey Liz. Guess what?"

Looking at her, I almost laugh at her face. It's almost comical how excited she is. "What?"

"That guy from the party? Dillon I think. He's been asking about you." She's literally jumping with excitement now.

I don't have the heart to poke her bubble. So instead of saying what I really want to say, I just tell her. "Really? I wonder why?"

Of course, I think why. But I won't tell her that. I close my locker and lock arms with Emma, pulling her towards our first class.

"Oh, I don't know. He didn't say why he was looking for you, just that he wanted to talk to you. Why? Do you not want to talk to him?" She asks, seeing the grimace.

Luckily the bell rings before I have to answer. Saved by the bell. I almost laugh at remembering when the show first came out.

Unfortunately, Dillon strides in. I didn't even know he was in this class! Albeit I never really paid attention to who was in this class besides Emma.

"Ok, class. Listen up! I have a partnered project for you all." Every groans and mentions their displeasure at this. I rather like the projects. "I know! I know. Listen. For this project, you'll be pared with one other person. You and your partner will be working on their family tree over the course of the next month. You'll make your own tree, and add family members. If you don't know where to start, ask your parents. I'm sure they will know."

I look at Emma, ready to ask her to be my partner.

"I will be choosing your partner, so sit back and go sit with the name I say." Well, there goes that plan.

Emma and I don't get pared up. Instead I get pared up with Dillon. Sharing a look with Emma, as she now knows that I don't particularly like him. I'm sure he's a nice guy, it's just that fact that he looks so much like Aedan. I can't shake the familiarity.

I look over at him. He's grinning like crazy, a perfectly shaped eyebrow lifted. Ugh, maybe not the nicest guy around. Frowning, I get out of my seat when I realize he won't be coming over to sit by me.

Sliding into the now vacant chair, I ignore the look he gives me. I hear him sigh, quite dramatically twice before I finally allow myself to look over at him.

Smirking, he asks. "So.. my house or yours?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment and vote! :)- Jamminjelly990